Nintendo 64 emulator

markostamcar

Reaction score
Since there was news recently about a N64 emulator for iPhone, I did some research and found out that there not only exists a N64 emulator written in Java (Dooglamoo Studios - Jario 64), but even a N64 Java applet with Super Mario 64!

Check it out: Mario 64 (source: Holy ****! Mario 64 works on Java)

I think it is just a matter of time until somebody with enough skill and motivation ports Jario64 to the Android platform.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is awesome! Great find. Who would of thought being able to play N64 through a web browser. Hopefully this might help us out. Awesome, on their site they have the source.

Last edited:

NVash

Reaction score
This could be promising, Id love to play Conker, both Zeldas and even Earthworm Jim 3D on my cell some day.

kilo

Reaction score
Think multiplayer Conker's through wifi. Oh the possibilities.

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Goldeneye was a revolutionary fps and I hope some developer gets this going. There would need to be an on-screen joystick and the app must have multi-touch. A good implementation of the joystick would be to look at assassin's creed for the iphone.

Big Lou

Reaction score
This would be very hard to play, even with a full keyboard. Trigger buttons would be hard to map.

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be very hard to play, even with a full keyboard. Trigger buttons would be hard to map.
they would? why? didn't you ever play fps on a PC with just a moust and keyboard? when i played Descent back in 1994, i had 9 keys just for directional arrows, weapons selections, missle commands, rockets, etc. etc.

it's a qwerty keyboard. there's LOTS of rooms for mappings.

Silverwing

Reaction score
The problem is aiming. It's exceedingly difficult to aim using the Droid's hardware. You would need peripherals.

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is aiming. It's exceedingly difficult to aim using the Droid's hardware. You would need peripherals.
good point. but if someone could implement on-screen movement to emulate a mouse cursor, that would be awesome. point and shoot.

kastj

Reaction score
Agreed, although not impossible the tiny buttons would make it very difficult to aim and take most of the fun out of it. What we need is some sort of controller add on to the droid. Maybe something that attaches via the usb port that would be ideal. Someone in another thread mentioned syncing a PS3 controller via bluetooth but I don't know how feasible that would be.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
on-screen joystick, like many iphone games have... just need to implement multitouch into the emulator... (may be difficult)

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Several 64 games were ported to the Nintendo DS and ran very well without a joystick. Although I like the DS d-pad better than the Droid's it should still be very much playable. The one issue I have with the d-pad on the Droid is the elongated shape which leads to difficulty with diagonals...

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi im new here. i would like a n64 emu too, but a psx emu first would make more sense. i think thats easier to make cause of the weaker hardware of the psx. psx haves 33 mhz and 32 bit, n64 haves 66 mhz and 64 bit. is there a source code of fpsece available ? then someone could try to port this greets.

btw : dont have a droid right now. im from germany, and ill buy a milestone in the beginng of next year.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome mustanggt500! one of our mods here is from germany as well and LOVES his milestone ;) yes, a simpler system would make sense, but there are currently (i think) 4 or 5 emulators available on the android market. i personally have the NES, SNES, Gameboid and Gensoid Lite ones on mine..

<-- wants donkey kong for N64