nightly builds

RoLa

Reaction score
Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old. (Michael Scott The Office)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are versions of the rom which are currently being worked on. They're not official releases so expect bugs and possible instability. I think lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RoLa

Reaction score
I'm guessing they are versions of the rom which are currently being worked on. They're not official releases so expect bugs and possible instability. I think lol.

Yeah that's kinda what I figured, I don't see any of them that say Droid though....

OP
marty4short

marty4short

Reaction score

Correct most are pretty stable these are builds they are working on so they do have some of the new features of future releases. If you go on irc you will find out more if you have questions.
Always make a backup before you flash it wont give you a option to do so before it does just fyi

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for sharing, didn't even know these existed lol!

celborn

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what the difference between the dream, passion and sholes nightly builds are in the second link

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what the difference between the dream, passion and sholes nightly builds are in the second link

I'm guessing dream =htc dream (or whatever the official name is), htc passion = nexus one, sholes= droid. They're basically the code names of the devices (i think lol).

OP
marty4short

marty4short

Reaction score
tdupdater will download the appropriate version for your device it downloads it just like rom manager. These are not for everyone if you dont know what your doing don't use it.If you make a backup you should be fine though:icon_ banana:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running the latest nightly - I see that haptic feedback is dialed down, looks like that cell standby reporting bug is taken care of....unfortunately I'm still getting awful lags on dialer and handcent, although I'm trying to run without auto memory manager. Despite cyanogen's remarks to the contrary I do think AMM has been helpful. I may need to reinstate it.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running the latest nightly - I see that haptic feedback is dialed down, looks like that cell standby reporting bug is taken care of....unfortunately I'm still getting awful lags on dialer and handcent, although I'm trying to run without auto memory manager. Despite cyanogen's remarks to the contrary I do think AMM has been helpful. I may need to reinstate it.

He said something about Auto Memory Manager? Do you have a link to it, I'd like to read his opinions lol. AMM seems to improve my experience also.