nightly 0.4 live now

beckerfj

Reaction score
I also got stuck booting indefinitely upon a full install of .4 with wiping everything. (5x each)

I SBF'd back to stock Froyo and tried it again (wiping everything 5x each every time) and it still hung. Right now, I'm just running stock SBF Froyo, lol. Has there been a fix/tweak applied to the full .4 file in the toolbox yet, or do I wait for .5?

No update for it as of yet. Did you try using .1 full zip and then just bumping via 0.4 non-full?

I've feel like I've been keeping up with the forums and felt like I'm ready to take the plunge. However, this issue concerns me. I thought I'd be able to go from Liberty 1.5 straight to full GB 0.4.

Is this a known bug?

Sent from my DROIDX

chefb

Reaction score
Bug???? Have you ever seen men in black Pt 1 ??...more like that bug !!!there not attacking everyone.

beckerfj

Reaction score
Sorry, it's been many years since watching that show I don't really remember.

Just wondering if I should do the Froyo to 0.1 to 0.4 or if going from Froyo to 0.4 (which is what I was planning on doing) will be okay.

Sent from my DROIDX

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Customizer not loading for me. It downloads but when its done it says setting up files or whatever and must sits there. But it loads all 100 files then sits on set up files. Any ideas.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Use a file explorer and browse to your sdcard. Delete the libertycustomizer.zip which should be on the root and also delete the directory with the same name. Re-run the customizer and it should be good to go. You will be re-downloading the zip, but this is to be sure it wasn't corrupted initially.

stewdaddy123

Reaction score
yep...

Cant believe how some people cry over $5. $5...After all jrummy has put out there that you have used (whether you realize you were running it or not), & you want to complain about it. It was fully stated that this was a incomplete build, use at your own risk, etc. But still unexperienced users rush in & flash with no preparation or research. I have been on Liberty since the intial 1.0 release, & I can honestly say I have had no problems as long as I followed instructions. Yes, I'm partial to liberty, but anyone who has ran it, has to admit its stable, fast & clean. The toolbox that you donated for has a lot more tools in it than you realize. Bootstraper, rom manager, fix permissions, etc, etc. It would cost more than $5 to buy tools on the market that does what libertys toolbox does. Think about all the Time spent by team liberty to bring you guys what you love. Not to mention how much of our own money we spend on equipment, software, internet access, ftp servers, etc. Google Photoshop CS5 Extended, Eye Candy, & Xenofex 2 & that will give you an idea of what is spent on software just to theme! How much is your personal time worth? Time away from wife, girlfriend, kids, etc? Is it worth more than $5 ? When you have a nproblem with android & want help, is it worth more than $5 to have your problem solved? Come on guys 'Cowboy Up', stop crying & stop & think, that just maybe it might be possible that the problem you're having might just be caused from something YOU did wrong...:icon_eek:
well said.....

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I've feel like I've been keeping up with the forums and felt like I'm ready to take the plunge. However, this issue concerns me. I thought I'd be able to go from Liberty 1.5 straight to full GB 0.4.

Is this a known bug?

Sent from my DROIDX

Don't quote me (I'm serious), but I think we've pulled the 0.4 full zip due to issues with it that seem to be present on some users devices.

You'll need to go the 0.1 full zip and then use the 0.4 non-full to bump yourself

chefb

Reaction score

Is this a known bug?

Sent from my DROIDX

Don't quote me (I'm serious), but I think we've pulled the 0.4 full zip due to issues with it that seem to be present on some users devices.

You'll need to go the 0.1 full zip and then use the 0.4 non-full to bump yourself

When you just used bump it means to prepare or make current?

Insan3 Rabies

Reaction score
I tried the straight from froyo to v0.4 and didnt work 2x then i tried to sbf the third time and got stuck with corrupted code then battery wouldnt charge so no i have a severed usb cable on the battery and even better news the battery is unreadable and i cannot charge it.

Is this a known bug?

Sent from my DROIDX

theoriginalty

Reaction score
Using v0.4 and loving it so far!
I'm rather noobish at this kind of stuff, but luckily I haven't had any sort of problems.

I went from LB 1.5 > LB 2.0 > LBG v0.1 > LBG v0.3 > LBG v0.4

I don't know if that really matters, but I just know I've had no downloading or booting problems (Droid X).

I am rather missing the blue theme from v0.3 though. :(
But I know after it gets to a full build there will be some themes... the yellow is just not for me...guess I'll be patient!

Great job so far guys, worth every penny!

mcp770

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many free roms and themes have mobile_sensei or jrummy as author or contributor. If you don't want to pay for the nightly than as least say thanks for the hours of work these guys put into making android rock. If you don't want to donate then shut the **** up and wait for the end product that will eventually be free as it always has been. Good lord why is this even an ongoing conversation? This is why smartphones should be 21 and over devices.

lbarllcodel

Reaction score
Can someone direct me to a fix? I have looked all over the forum and find where the same question is asked but no answer.

Speed, reliability, power consumption ect.. Ect..
All seems well with the rom. 0.4 until I plug in to charge (wall or usb) the phone will reboot.

At first I thought this must be a feature for night time use that reboots for me after a certain time being plugged in (which would be a pretty sweet feature by the way).
Then I noticed it does it ALL the time.

Its also a 50/50 chance on reboot I get pulled into recovery after reboot. I searched through all the power options in every settings area I could find and now the forums with no luck.

I did load 0.1 first I did not check anything on that rom I just went straight to 0.4 after .1 as the steps told me was safest to get the newest version.

Can someone please help me fix this? Further, $5 was spent a long time ago when I went to 2.0 and the new toolbox alone was very worth it!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score
I don't have that issue on plug in. I originally updated from. 340 to .1 then to. 3 then to. 4 with data wipes each update. I don't believe skipping. 3 would be the cause but if I were you I would sbf back to 340. Upon first 340 boot I would go to settings privacy and do a reset. Then I upon the reboot I would format my SD card using a PC and reroot then boot into clockwork using d2bootstrap and wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then reboot again. THEN restore media files and liberty gb only to my SD and try another install of. 1 again in clockwork. If all goes well I would then boot into recovery and install .4. That is the cleanest method I can imagine to get back to. 4 knowing youre clean.

Zog

Reaction score
screen shots?

4c71d099-bd1a-5da9.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited: