nightlies 0.5 released

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
Is the facebook contacts sync issue fixed?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Not sure what the sync issue was but mine is working fine. When I downloaded the facebook app I had the option to sync all, none,or existing contacts.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone in the google music beta? I had it running great on zombiestomped bu when I flashed back to liberty it just force closes when I try to play music from the cloud...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
so OP what steps did u do to flash the 0.5?

I was on ZS 1.71, downloaded latest liberty toolbox version, selected nightlies .5 download, when download finished toolbox asked me if it wanted me to install, hit yes, selected wipe data/cache option(didn't select make backup as I had one from about an hour before) liberty did everything for me basically.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only reason I haven't gone to the leaked GB and Liberty GB yet is because it wasn't quite ready yet, issues described by others, and the postponement of the different versions of Liberty GB for the D2 users. So I opted out of it and decided to wait till it was based off the official GB release and very stable. Since it is now, that's why I'm going at it now.

I'll let you know shortly.

I have been thinking the same way as you. I have been waiting and waiting for a ver based off the official release. I'm glad I was patient. How is it so far? Was the switch smooth?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

HutRU01

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any screen shots for Nightlies? I am running Liberty 2.01 with the Epic Blue-n-Bold Theme with no problems to speak of.....using LauncherProPlus v0.8.4.1 as well....

Any advantages to Nightlies?

OP
DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I can put some screens of mine up a little bit but the biggest advantage of nightlies is actually GB itself. Everything is super smooth and fast. I really like the fact that when I click on things like add widgets all of my widgets pop up instantly and scrolling through them is flawless. Ex go to manage apps and see how long it takes to load them and scroll to the bottom. On GB a soon as you click manage apps you are pretty much ready to easily fling to the bottom of the list and I have over 100 apps installed.

HutRU01

Reaction score
I can put some screens of mine up a little bit but the biggest advantage of nightlies is actually GB itself. Everything is super smooth and fast. I really like the fact that when I click on things like add widgets all of my widgets pop up instantly and scrolling through them is flawless. Ex go to manage apps and see how long it takes to load them and scroll to the bottom. On GB a soon as you click manage apps you are pretty much ready to easily fling to the bottom of the list and I have over 100 apps installed.

That definitely makes sense to me because it does take a second for my apps to appear when I go to Manage Apps. Thanks for the feedback. Screenshots would be great.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm interested as well. I love my liberty 2.0.1 with launcher pro. I don't know why I'm not on gb yet.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
The only reason I haven't gone to the leaked GB and Liberty GB yet is because it wasn't quite ready yet, issues described by others, and the postponement of the different versions of Liberty GB for the D2 users. So I opted out of it and decided to wait till it was based off the official GB release and very stable. Since it is now, that's why I'm going at it now.

I'll let you know shortly.

I have been thinking the same way as you. I have been waiting and waiting for a ver based off the official release. I'm glad I was patient. How is it so far? Was the switch smooth?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/149821-need-help-getting-05-a.html

Read my thread. Everything went great till Google sign-in problems, syncing, and Market + apps problems.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so I just studied the thread. I wish you would have asked i would have gotten you the monster gb leak file. So are you still having these issues? The app thing is annoying but i dont care so much about that. I just want it working with at least Gmail, fb... you know the basic google stuff.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what is up with the Account sync stuff. I thought that was the major issue in .02 through .04 of Liberty GB. I figured .05 fixed all that stuff or stuff was actually updated to take care of those bugs. Now I basically see what others were saying about that syncing problem, Account issues like no Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, Photobucket, Email, and the rest.

The basic stuff I see is just Corporate, Google, and Yahoo Email. That's it. What we saw on Froyo is not showing on Gingerbread.

The apps I actually do care about because some apps I've purchased are no longer indicating that I purchased it awhile ago. All my proof of purchase is in my Google e-mail account. Without proper syncing, like it does on Froyo, it won't allow me to reinstall it without purchasing it yet again. Freakin' gay. I'm definitely not spending another cent till this part is resolved.

OP
DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Are you guys with the account problems running the liberty customizer? Its in liberty settings from the main launcher. It asked what accounts you have on your phone because it will install them for you. Every one of the accounts you listed popped up in the customizer and gave me the option to install or skip.