Nicknames to Show up as Contact ID?

mrredskin

Reaction score
Is there a way for nicknames to show up as the call/contact ID? Kinda sucks having to edit your contact's name just so it can sync their photo with fb and other things

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, Edit them....It's the only way I have found....

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
That doesn't really explain anything or answer the question

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Edit each name so it's the nickname you want.... Can't get much clearer than that...

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
So then your contact's pic and info won't update since it's not the same as it is on fb. can't get much clearer than that...

phatkat66

Reaction score
I know what your talking about, i too am having that trouble for example MOM in your phone is pretty much always MOM but if she has a face book her fb name isnt MOM so its not gonna sync unless your contact info is more similar to her name

subscript

Reaction score
We want an option to display a contact's nickname intead of their real name in the contact list.

Example: I have a friend Keith. If he is listed as "Kool Keith" his pic and status won't update with facebook. Changing his name to "Keith Williams" makes his pic update. I entered his nickname in the contact details, but can't find a way to make the nickname on the contact list.

nyyfan

Reaction score
this really needs to be an option, especially with facebook integration, ive tried to do it but never got it to work. i thought the original question was quite clear, no need to insult people after you misunderstand the question.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I too am wondering how you can make this possible. You can't add a nickname wont show up. Id rather have their picture come up then just their name with the droid in the square haha :greendroid:

dil

Reaction score
Keep the nickname in your contact list and manually merge it with their facebook profile. It worked for some of my contacts but not all of them. To do it manually, go to your facebook friend list, touch a contact's picture on the left, and then select the address book icon. Then go menu > Edit Contact > menu > join and select the contact from your phone's contact list.

As I said, it worked for some of my contacts, so it might work for you.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The FB integration needs a lot of work.....I've been using the m.facebook.com to check op on things....until someone comes out wit an app that really works...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I understand what the OP wants. the question is how Does FB integration work. I thought it was by email address then it syncs the contact info. I have changed my GF's email in my google account and her FB picture is gone.

So can you edit your contact to "cool Keith" but leave the email the same. If you do that will the correct name be updated with FB integration and take your nick name out? If not then problem solved. If it deletes your contacts update. Then save the picture to your card. Turn off integration and update it manually. Re add the picture.

When you sign in to FB. Chose to not sync the info and see if that works

subscript

Reaction score
I think the best solution to the issue would be for the OS/contacts to have an option for how do display the name of each contact.
I don't think the issue is with Facebook at all. The integration could be better, of course, but the root cause could be resolved with several lines of code on the Android side.