1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nice DIY docking station under $15

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by camcrobe, Jan 4, 2010.

1. camcrobe

camcrobe New Member

I have the Body Glove case and wanted a docking station that fits. I was experimenting with several versions of a LEGO dock but ran across a $5 business card holder at Staples that looked just right.

With a fridge magnet (free from kitchen), a right-angle micro-USB ($7 + shipping from Provantage), some rubber washers (free from basement junk box), and a hot glue gun (wife's craft box) had it together in 3 minutes.

For what it's worth, Staples had the card holder in both black (shown) and a matt silver/aluminium.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. dverplank

dverplank New Member

That is pretty damn ingenious
  3. autoxinvr6

autoxinvr6 New Member

Nice, I'm gonna have to hit up Wal-Mart or something like that for something similar. Smart dude.
  4. GadgetRick

GadgetRick New Member

Ghettofabulous! I love it!
  5. JESSEVARGAS

JESSEVARGAS New Member

I made a similar one based on a previous DIY thread. The thing kicking my arse was the plug. I didn't know about a 90 degree angle plug and the rubber feet are excelent for preventing slippage. I got the holder and the magnets from Staples for under 7 bucks. I'm going to get this done on mine asap. Great Job.
  6. raven1911

raven1911 New Member

Funny, I found this in the first week of owning the phone. I had a business card holder on my desk and started to put it there. The only drawback is that you cannot charge the phone and dock it at the same time because of the location of the plug. You seem to have found a solution to that though:)
Search tags for this page
android charging station diy
android docking station diy
diy android docking station

diy charging station

diy charging station tablet
diy dock station

diy docking station

diy docking station android
diy docking stations
diy laptop dock
diy laptop docking station