Niantic Lifts Pokemon GO PermaBans

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Have you been cheating on Pokemon GO to level up your account and take over the local PokeMon gym? If so you may have found your self permanently banned from the game. Anyone using bots to quickly level up may have found themselves in such a predicament. If you are one of the trainers who was banned forever you may want to launch the game again. You may find that you can once again play.

From Niantic:

We continue to work to ensure the integrity of the game and the health of our servers by blocking unauthorized access and at times by banning offending accounts. This includes blocking bots, data scraping operations, and banning end user accounts associated with those activities. Some players may not have realized that some add-on map apps do more than just show you nearby Pokémon. Each end-user app can be used as a collection tool by the app creator, invisibly collecting and forwarding data to the app creator with or without the knowledge of the end user. These apps can have an effect similar to DDoS attacks on our servers. Because of this we have had to ban some accounts associated with using these add-on map tools, leading to confusion by some users about why they were banned. This is a small subset of the accounts banned.

As a result of some changes made to our infrastructure, we are now able to unban this set of accounts. Add-on maps which scrape data from our servers still violate our Terms of Service and use of them may still result in an account ban going forward. Accounts whose sole purpose was to scrape data are not being unbanned. Accounts which used apps or websites to remotely capture Pokémon, battle or deploy on Gyms, or harvest resources from PokéStops are also not being unbanned. Our main priority is to provide a fair, fun, and legitimate experience for all players, so, aggressive banning will continue to occur for players who engage in these kinds of activities.

Does this grind your gears if you were one of the ones leveling up the proper way?

via PokemonGo

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
And they are unbanning because user base has dropped. The fire has fizzled out.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My friend got my password and messed with my account and I got a Ban. Im done with the Game. They didnt respond to my numerous attempts to get it resolved. they dont care. at least I got Google to refund all my Money I spent in Game which wasnt much but Principal.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got an email last night finally saying I was banned for third party something... It's bs but whatever. I'm now going to make another account and actually bot this one... Started last night and already lvl 12 in just 3 hours... Screw Niantic... This game, like no man's sky, had so much potential

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

KathyCSmith

Reaction score
They should ban the ones cheating. If you cheating than you not playing right. Cheaters always mess everything up. Why can't yall just play fair?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk