[NHL] Let's get this discussion started.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Matth3w, Feb 10, 2010.

1. djh074

djh074 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah yeah. nice SO for Rask. and a good game for Sturm. not so good for the Habs. Ready for some Olympic hockey!

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't wait. Olympic Hockey this year should be good. Guys always skate harder when it's for their country :)

it's one game, B's still kicked themselves in their own nutZ this year. Playoffs are out of the picture IMO.

3. Moondonkey

Moondonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Yankees!

How is your season.

Football is over :(

Only basketball left down her in the South.

I don't do the nascar thing.:icon_eek:

4. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    Carolina has the Hurricanes.... Nashville has the Predators.
    Florida has the Panthers, the Lightning
    Dallas has the Stars...

plenty of hockey to latch on to.

5. Moondonkey

Moondonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah,

Can't get into it on TV, went to see a few games when I was younger and visiting relatives. It was a lot of fun in person. Not much buzz about it either where I live, takes some of the fun out of it.

6. jkwakopo

jkwakopo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Caps should be counted as a south also =) but yeah, if you are not a NHL fan, just go to any hockey game... watch it live. You will love it... Being @ Virginia Tech doesn't allow me to go to Caps game but i still watch our Hokies play @ Roanoke Civic Center... Its an awesome game.. All of you non-hockey fans.. just go watch any game you will love it.

7. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing since I was five, and still and 22 years later, I love the sport. It is definitely WAY better to watch in person. Watching on TV just doesn't cut it. I've brought enough people to their 'first' games to know that they enjoy it much more in person.

It's tough following something if you're the only one talking about it I agree.

8. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone who wants to see the Whalers return.... there's a petition you can sign... either click on the Whalers forum bar in my signature or go to Whalerwatch.com on your browser :)

9. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol... I'm from Michigan and now live in Atlanta... I can attest that hockey just doesn't translate down here.. No one watches the Atlanta Thrashers, except northerners like me who come to games to watch their home teams... Can't speak for the other southern teams, I would think Tampa would have a good following after their cup a few years back...

GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. Like I said, this is the difference between Crosby and Ovie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meh, their both awesome.... I prefer Datsuk... :)

12. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Talk about whiners - Ovechkin leads the pack in that department. The NBC/Versus guys are so pro Ovechkin, and the league has told the officials basically to leave him alone, it's disgusting. Ok, so Sid scores the first 2 goals, ends in a tie, and Ovie gets his hat trick and then they win in O.T. - big deal. When push comes to shove, and the ultimate goal is winning the Stanley Cup - I don't recall the Capitals beating the Penguins last year to advance and win the cup. The real season starts after the regular season ends just in case you didn't realize that.

Matthew - when I started seeing your comments about Plum - I was like I wonder if he knews Umberger - and then was really happy to see you knocked him on his ass!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

13. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +167
    I would love to see the "New England Whalers" or "Hartford Whalers" return. It was such a shame when they left. They were one of the 4 WHA teams that joined the NHL. I wonder who can name the other 3 teams? :)

14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The olympics are going to be hard to watch because I'm not sure who to root for and I hope no one gets hurt. I hope Fleury doesn't get any playing time. I already don't see the pens repeating as it is

15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Vulcan just for the record I am but a turd on the street compared to rj. I just want to make sure I didn't come across as thinking I was better lol. I didn't even know who he was at the time because plum wasn't one of our regular season oponents. We only played them during tournaments. Plus he graduated a year ahead of me iirc. I didn't figure he would even go anywhere (I don't remember him being a huge name). The guy we all thought would make it played for us...andre makarov...heard he went back to play pro russian hockey but couldn't find any info on him

Search tags for this page

blackhawks android wallpaper