[NHL] Let's get this discussion started.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Matth3w, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jkwakopo

jkwakopo New Member

Caps should be counted as a south also =) but yeah, if you are not a NHL fan, just go to any hockey game... watch it live. You will love it... Being @ Virginia Tech doesn't allow me to go to Caps game but i still watch our Hokies play @ Roanoke Civic Center... Its an awesome game.. All of you non-hockey fans.. just go watch any game you will love it.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I've been playing since I was five, and still and 22 years later, I love the sport. It is definitely WAY better to watch in person. Watching on TV just doesn't cut it. I've brought enough people to their 'first' games to know that they enjoy it much more in person.

It's tough following something if you're the only one talking about it I agree.
  3. Martin030908

For anyone who wants to see the Whalers return.... there's a petition you can sign... either click on the Whalers forum bar in my signature or go to Whalerwatch.com on your browser :)
  4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Lol... I'm from Michigan and now live in Atlanta... I can attest that hockey just doesn't translate down here.. No one watches the Atlanta Thrashers, except northerners like me who come to games to watch their home teams... Can't speak for the other southern teams, I would think Tampa would have a good following after their cup a few years back...

GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I agree. Like I said, this is the difference between Crosby and Ovie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Meh, their both awesome.... I prefer Datsuk... :)
  7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Talk about whiners - Ovechkin leads the pack in that department. The NBC/Versus guys are so pro Ovechkin, and the league has told the officials basically to leave him alone, it's disgusting. Ok, so Sid scores the first 2 goals, ends in a tie, and Ovie gets his hat trick and then they win in O.T. - big deal. When push comes to shove, and the ultimate goal is winning the Stanley Cup - I don't recall the Capitals beating the Penguins last year to advance and win the cup. The real season starts after the regular season ends just in case you didn't realize that.

Matthew - when I started seeing your comments about Plum - I was like I wonder if he knews Umberger - and then was really happy to see you knocked him on his ass!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I would love to see the "New England Whalers" or "Hartford Whalers" return. It was such a shame when they left. They were one of the 4 WHA teams that joined the NHL. I wonder who can name the other 3 teams? :)
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

The olympics are going to be hard to watch because I'm not sure who to root for and I hope no one gets hurt. I hope Fleury doesn't get any playing time. I already don't see the pens repeating as it is
  10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Vulcan just for the record I am but a turd on the street compared to rj. I just want to make sure I didn't come across as thinking I was better lol. I didn't even know who he was at the time because plum wasn't one of our regular season oponents. We only played them during tournaments. Plus he graduated a year ahead of me iirc. I didn't figure he would even go anywhere (I don't remember him being a huge name). The guy we all thought would make it played for us...andre makarov...heard he went back to play pro russian hockey but couldn't find any info on him
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I love watching the Caps lose...and how all the fans who have only been watching hockey since they started getting good get all upset.
  12. Pickle

Pickle New Member

Blackhawks.

/thread.
  13. Martin030908

Edmonton Oilers, Quebec Nordiques, Winnipeg Jets, New England Whalers :)
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

LOL you mean the Colorado Avalanche, Phoenix Coyotes, and Carolina Hurricanes? haha

Kinda sad that none of them survived.
  15. Martin030908

Oilers are still kicking :)
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Yeah, barely. They have the most overpaid underachievers in the league and no one wants to go to that ****hole to play.
  17. Pickle

Pickle New Member

OK, if you're gonna be pulling out WHA trivia....

Wayne Gretzky played for two WHA teams. Edmonton and........
  18. Martin030908

Indianapolis Racers
  19. Hahn24

Hahn24 New Member

Wild! Clutterbuck is the man. I think he is really underrated.

But imo i think that Syd is a better team player and ove has somewhat better moves. but i still love crosby.
  20. Pickle

Pickle New Member

Winner winner

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page

blackhawks android wallpaper