NHL app

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So tries watching part of a game on the app and before it started up it said I would get free access to premium content for having a 4g phone. When I go to the register page it says $119 for half season. Will I get charged if I go through finishing up the subscription that's supposed to be free?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Free access to your mobil device, if you buy the package from NHL. You get the "gamecenter" app to watch on your phone, for free. It's not like the NFL deal.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Free access to your mobil device, if you buy the package from NHL. You get the "gamecenter" app to watch on your phone, for free. It's not like the NFL deal.

Ohhhh OK now I get it. Well then, guess I won't be getting that premium content. Thanks for clarifying that!

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ohhhh OK now I get it. Well then, guess I won't be getting that premium content. Thanks for clarifying that!

No problem, bought the package earlier since my cable co. doesn't offer any of the hockey channels. Actually works very well on the phone and have definitely used it a lot.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problem, bought the package earlier since my cable co. doesn't offer any of the hockey channels. Actually works very well on the phone and have definitely used it a lot.
Nice. $120 is too big of a hit on my wallet for a sport I don't follow as often as I do NBA or NFL. The free 3 minute preview was nice:D

Nealius

Reaction score
so for 9.99 or free for 4g phones, all we get is scores?
To watch the games on our device its still $119?

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is correct, you have to sign in to NHL thru gamecenter app to get full videos. Otherwise you get the 3 minute teaser.

Apparently there was a work around last year that the NHL closed this year.