NFL Vcast ad from Verizon

Slothead

Reaction score
Does anyone know if:
(1) the $10 monthly charge gets you the [entire] games that are on the NFL Network?
(2) whether the HDMI can stream that game video out to a big TV?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone know if:
(1) the $10 monthly charge gets you the [entire] games that are on the NFL Network?

You know what, that confused me 2. I dont have Vcast Video... but I do use the NFL app, Ive been using it since I got the DX and havent seen it on my bill. It only plays the Sunday night game I think, the ones on NBC sponsored by Verizon. I used it to watch the Jets game last Sunday, worked pretty well. 15 sec or so delay.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if:

You know what, that confused me 2. I dont have Vcast Video... but I do use the NFL app, Ive been using it since I got the DX and havent seen it on my bill. It only plays the Sunday night game I think, the ones on NBC sponsored by Verizon. I used it to watch the Jets game last Sunday, worked pretty well. 15 sec or so delay.

I was at the grocery store on Sunday and they have a little food court. I was grabbing a little lunch and this guy was talking about his NFL app on his blackberry. He was under the impression that it gave all games free of charge so I informed him that wasn't so.

He said well, it's free now and showed me a live game on Sunday. So it's working on Sundays right now.

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Sorry about the mislocation of the OP hook.

I'd still like to know the name of the NFL app that can watch the NBC games.

nobodyukno

Reaction score
The NFL app can view the Sunday Night Football games on NBC and it also shows the NFL Red Zone channel on Sunday afternoons. If you dont know what the Red Zone Channel is, it is a channel on the NFL network that switches through each game as teams score and stuff like that

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Maybe I should be more specific (and then maybe you guys are just ignoring me). What is the name of the app we are talking about. I have counted at least 15 different NFL apps in the market.
... edit ...
"NFL Mobile" says it is only audio.

nobodyukno

Reaction score
Maybe I should be more specific (and then maybe you guys are just ignoring me). What is the name of the app we are talking about. I have counted at least 15 different NFL apps in the market.
... edit ...
"NFL Mobile" says it is only audio.

I am talking about the official NFL Mobile app from Verizon. You are able to watch these games Ive listed but you need a Vcast subscription in order to do so. Yes you can also listen to audio free of charge with the app.

spider210

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless customers who downloaded NFL Mobile prior to July 22 will continue to enjoy all of the features of the app at no additional cost through Super Bowl XLV. Usage of the app will continue to be charged according to the customer's data package.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
OK, I think I understand now. So those of us who didn't download it prior to 7/22/10 have to pay for it now. I was hoping that there was a free version, but it sounds like I am out of luck.

I may try the pay version for awhile and see if it is worth it to me.

Thanks again,
Tom

Riddlin

Reaction score
I am looking at it right now. NFL Mobile from Verizon Wireless and I am watching The NFL Network right now and I have not paid a cent for it. Had it on my DINC and Now on my DX. All Free. I watch Redzone every Sunday too. Your not refering to Direct TV NFL app are you? That I believe is $10.00 a month.