NFL Superfan now for Android!!!!!!!!!!!

faultlessjoint

Reaction score
I can only assume that the letters I wrote to Directv explaining why it would be in their best interest to port the Superfan app to Android as quickly as possible are the reason this got done.

You're welcome.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
can somebody post a video of Superfan "in action" on the Droid? thanks in advance :D

raphytaffy

Reaction score
Is Superfan the same as the NFL network or are those two separate subscriptions?

faultlessjoint

Reaction score
Is Superfan the same as the NFL network or are those two separate subscriptions?

They are two very different things. NFL network is a channel owned and operated by the NFL that is included in all of Directv's standard programming packages (except for the cheapest one which is only like 50 channels).

Superfan is a feature you can add on top of NFL Sunday Ticket. Sunday Ticket allows you to watch any of the FOX and CBS games regardless of what region you live in (all of the 1pm and 4pm est games). Superfan gives you the HD feed of all of these games as well as NFL Game Mix which is a channel that has a 4x2 grid showing up to 8 simultaneous games at once and allows you to listen to any of the 8 games. Superfan also includes the Red Zone channel, NFL stats and scores that can be accessed on your receivers menu, and the ability to use the Superfan mobile app (as discussed here). It probably has some other minor features that I'm don't use.

raphytaffy

Reaction score
Great info. I've always wondered how I could watch games aired in other regions. Maybe I'll get this next season. What's the Superfan package usually run?

coondogg97

Reaction score
Great info. I've always wondered how I could watch games aired in other regions. Maybe I'll get this next season. What's the Superfan package usually run?

The Sunday Ticket is $300 (save $30 if you sign up early) and the Superfan package is $100. Its nice to see them coming out with channels like the Red Zone and apps like this to make the price almost worth it. The first couple of years I paid the extra $100 just for HD and less then half the games were even broadcasted in HD. Needless to say im not a fan of DirecTV and I hope they get some real competition soon.

djhuang

Reaction score

The Sunday Ticket is $300 (save $30 if you sign up early) and the Superfan package is $100. Its nice to see them coming out with channels like the Red Zone and apps like this to make the price almost worth it. The first couple of years I paid the extra $100 just for HD and less then half the games were even broadcasted in HD. Needless to say im not a fan of DirecTV and I hope they get some real competition soon.

I have it this year and every game I've watched has been in HD. DirecTV's HD quality seems to be the best out there but I am definitely not a fan of their pricing... Wish they didn't have that contract with the NFL where they're the only ones that can show every game (besides the primetime ones)

coondogg97

Reaction score
I have it this year and every game I've watched has been in HD. DirecTV's HD quality seems to be the best out there but I am definitely not a fan of their pricing... Wish they didn't have that contract with the NFL where they're the only ones that can show every game (besides the primetime ones)

Every game is now broadcasted in HD, that wasn't the case originally. Nobody in this country can currently touch the video or audio quality that DirecTV offers. The product that DTV offers is amazing, their pricing and customer service is a joke. In the past 2 seasons I haven't watched one non-HD game (why would I?), so why pay for the standard package. $400 to watch a season of HD football is just absurd.

djhuang

Reaction score

Every game is now broadcasted in HD, that wasn't the case originally. Nobody in this country can currently touch the video or audio quality that DirecTV offers. The product that DTV offers is amazing, their pricing and customer service is a joke. In the past 2 seasons I haven't watched one non-HD game (why would I?), so why pay for the standard package. $400 to watch a season of HD football is just absurd.

i completely agree with you on that one

MK-9

Reaction score
I get nothing but DTV commercials any longer. Sunday seemed to work great. Now it's all the stupid "Thank you for 15 years" commercials. It's annoying enough as it is, but seeing as I work for DTV, it makes it even moreso.

But, is anyone else getting this where it's just the commercials?

tdawg5480

Reaction score
OMFG can I watch the games on this app? I miss all the sunday games due to driving on sundays (big rig gig) and Im tired of listening to the game I wanna see it ......Dont worry Im a professional I can drive and watch a screen at same time haha, if this is true Im getting the sunday ticket package tomorrow, thanks in advance

LuxoDave

Reaction score

Actually, if you compare to the price of tickets to take a family of four to a game in person, it is not that bad. Let alone season tickets.