NFL & NBC to Stream Superbowl & More Live Online and to VZW Mobile

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Football fans in situations where they do not have access to a Television, will rejoice at this news. For the first time ever, NBC and the NFL will be streaming the Superbowl directly on the internet, but mobile viewers were not left out either. The stream will also be available exclusively for Verizon Wireless mobile customers as well. You will have to have one of the supported phones, plus NFL Mobile installed to get the stream. Streaming viewers will also get treated to some extra features. Rick Cordella, vice president of NBC Sports Digital Media, had this to add,

The Super Bowl will be held in Indianapolis on Feb. 5 next year. You will also be able to stream the Pro Bowl and Wild Card Saturday on NBC's website, the NFL’s website, or Verizon’s mobile app.

Enhanced live streaming Football on mobile?!? What will they think of next... self-chilling beer? We can cross our fingers. ;)

Source: BGR
  2. rjsurfer

rjsurfer New Member

That's just great news...especially now that the NFL network app doesn't work on my new very expensive Galaxy Nexus, the new flagship phone of the Verizon network.

Way to go Verizon:angry:

Ron W.
  3. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

Yeah I figure our attempts to get in on this will be met with a white screen and big bold letters stating, "FAIL."
  4. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

Well,the 2 post answered my question :angry:
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I probably won't be watching it on my phone, but I'm just glad knowing the fact that I CAN do it. :)
  6. jdroid80

jdroid80 New Member

Sweet, now I gotta install a phone dock for my bathroom so I don't miss a second of the game. :p

And I don't think anyone's claiming the Nexus as the flagship phone for Verizon. I still haven't seen one commercial or ad for it yet.
  7. JannaG

JannaG New Member

Its kinda disappointing that this is only available on Verizon phones. This is definitely a step in the right direction though! hopefully we will see more and more of this from the major networks in the future!

However, over one hundred million individuals watch the Super Bowl each year. Some of them, Verizon customers will be able to stream the game live as Verizon has struck an agreement with NBC and the NFL to stream the football game for the first time.

Check this out: Verizon to stream Super Bowl
Search tags for this page

can i watch the superbowl on my droid

live nfl streaming droid