Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm still looking for the original thread, which I got from the new york times, was titled something like, "Verizon scores big with the NFL" or something to that effect, but after searching The New York Times, where I got the original story, I found this http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/sports/football/espn-extends-deal-with-nfl-for-15-billion.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=verizon nfl&st=cse which may explain why they are going to charge 3g users. But that mentions another app I never heard of, WatchESPN. I will continue looking for that thread..

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

DroidDoes13

Reaction score
The WSJ and moconews articles you are linking are from 2010. I agree with you that they gave us the 2010 season for free if you downloaded before a certain date. There is no arguing that they promised that and they delivered it.

The debate we are having is whether or not Verizon promised everyone who downloaded before a certain date the 2011 season which is what you claimed in the original post.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The WSJ and moconews articles you are linking are from 2010. I agree with you that they gave us the 2010 season for free if you downloaded before a certain date. There is no arguing that they promised that and they delivered it.

The debate we are having is whether or not Verizon promised everyone who downloaded before a certain date the 2011 season which is what you claimed in the original post.

To be honest, its not even worth debating to me. I know what I posted back then, you can believe me or not, that's your prerogative..

DroidDoes13

Reaction score
No problem... subject dropped.

Let's talk about something less controversial...like politics :) lol

skatastic

Reaction score
I have the Charge with Gummy Charged GBE (gingerbread). I just got a message saying I will need to get the premium upgrade. Is anyone else getting this message that has a custom ROM? I'm wondering if just having gingerbread on a phone that they only officially support froyo on is enough to trigger the message or if anything but stock ROM will trigger the message. Does anyone have any insights on this?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have the Charge with Gummy Charged GBE (gingerbread). I just got a message saying I will need to get the premium upgrade. Is anyone else getting this message that has a custom ROM? I'm wondering if just having gingerbread on a phone that they only officially support froyo on is enough to trigger the message or if anything but stock ROM will trigger the message. Does anyone have any insights on this?

Today they shut off premium services for 3g users without subscription. Tomorrow premium content should be turned on for free for those with LTE phones. Free for this season only.

skatastic

Reaction score
Today they shut off premium services for 3g users without subscription. Tomorrow premium content should be turned on for free for those with LTE phones. Free for this season only.

But is everyone getting that message regardless of whether or not they have 4g. The Charge is a 4G phone. I found another forum that says I need MyVerizon app which I downloaded from the market and when I open NFL Mobile via the MyVerizon app I don't get the same message anymore so hopefully I'm good to go now.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just downloaded update, says the verizon plan MAY be required. But rest assured, if your on 4G the 1st season is free, starting tomorrow. 3G users will need to subscribe to vcast. See if you have an upgrade for the app.