NFL Mobile on Verizon App doesn't work on Rooted Droids

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by dahctor, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famine

famine New Member

Ratings:
    +0

this might be partially correct, but only in the instance for us on alltel towers that are not broadcasting as "verizon wireless" ... i reverted my device back to complete stock, and did the OTA update and by default there is no "banner" and i am connected to a tower, no wifi. still does not function. i'll wait till monday...then ill get on the horn to verizon and ask whats shakin.

2. jhietter

jhietter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ditto - I always use the update.zip method. Make sure you select that method before extracting the files.
    Also, make sure you're using 2.2

3. raptor5655

raptor5655 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to update I finally got pulldown to work and did my own update.zip file and nfl mobile works flawlessly now with Verizon in the banner. Seems that is the only way for it to work.

4. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Works find on my UD 9.8 phone.

5. checho408

checho408 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Changed the banner to Verizon Wireless with the update.zip from pulldown editor and it worked. Guess it has noting to do with towers.

6. GoGators

GoGators Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up on this app. Works great on UD 9.8!!!

7. marmst

marmst Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do i get pulldown editor to work? Whenever i create the update.zip from pulldown editor and reboot/install the update, it doesn't work. My status bar still doesn't say Verizon Wireless, and my lock screen doesn't say it. Am I doing something wrong here? (obviously I think I am).

8. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 with smoked glass theme. Installed NFL app while banner said Verizon and the NFL app works. Used PullDownEditor to change it to MyDroid (only 7 characters allowed) and installed via update.zip. NFL app no longer works (Verizon customers only). Odd that the only check the app does is the banner.

I'm not a big fan of the Verizon banner and would like to have either nothing there or something longer than 7 characters, even if it means not using the NFL app.

9. rotordroid

rotordroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Are you pushing the generate theme button first ? Even with the update.zip method you have to push the generate theme button after changing the banner text.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. marmst

marmst Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im pressing generate theme button first, then putting in verizon wireless. Then extracting it to a update.zip.

So i have to hit it after as well? (generate theme)

11. yoda

yoda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason im getting stuck at #6 "Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)". It says install from sdcard complete but the yellow bar is extremely slow and then stops 1/4 of the way from being filled. Not being able to get this working is frustrating as hell.

http://gray101.megabyet.net/
    Instructions for using Pulldown Editor:
    Step 0) - Make a Nandroid Backup - you should really do this before you modify system files, which this tool does for you.
    Step 1) - Open the application, and grant SU permission. Make sure to hit Remember!
    Step 2) - Type in the phrase you'd like to see replace "Verizon Wireless".
    Step 3) - Select either "MetaMorph Theme" or "Update.zip"
    If you're running a ROM based on 2.1, you'll want to use "Update.zip"
    Otherwise, it's really your choice.
    If you chose MetaMorph theme, you'll also need MetaMorph installed, obviously
    If you chose update.zip, you'll need a custom recovery image, which you probably already have, since you rooted your phone.
    Step 4) - Press "Extract Needed Files". The Status line should say "All Systems Ready!"
    Step 5) - Read the legal disclaimer before you press Generate Theme! Remember, if you don't have a Nandroid backup, and something goes wrong, it could take a while to get your phone configured how you like it again!
    Step 6)
    If you made a MetaMorph theme, open MetaMorph, and hit Existing Theme. Press "PulldownEditor", then "PulldownEditor.thm" followed by "Apply All". Allow the device to reboot when it asks.
    If you made an update.zip, press the "Reboot Recovery" button. Once at your recovery, install the update.zip as you normally would under your recovery image.
    (IE: under sprecovery, you have to hit "install", then "Allow update.zip installation" and finally "Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)".
    Step 7) - Reboot your phone, and enjoy your new text!

#47 yoda, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  12. marmst

marmst Member

Ratings:
    +0

I did it just like that, both ways... and still, NOTHING shows up. Total blank text, nothing shows at all. Lock screen shows no text, and the notification bar shows nothing at all. Frustrating!! lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does nfl mobile work on cyanogen rom
does nfl mobile work on rooted phones
nfl mobile app error code 303
nfl mobile doesnt work on older droids
nfl mobile error code 303
nfl mobile not working on rooted thunderbolt

nfl mobile on rooted phone

nfl mobile rooted phone

nfl mobile rooted thunderbolt