Nfc

lloydsw

Reaction score
Has anyone found anything useful to do with NFC on these phones?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nope. I have no desire to use Google Wallet. and no retailers around here support it anyway.

OP
lloydsw

lloydsw

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of communicating between phones.

OP
lloydsw

lloydsw

Reaction score
Another use was replacing the key fob for my car. Don't they use NFC?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
NFC is in my opinion is a great way for someone to expedite the theft of identity and/or banking info.

No thanks. If I saw someone tapping there phone with someone elses to share a picture, I most like would uppercut the 2 phones as they kissed.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think many, if any, cars use NFC. I really don't need that anyway. Is it really that hard to put a fob in your pocket? Yes, my 2013 Volvo has "key less". Really it's ok, my phone doesn't need to replace my car fob or house key.
And I guess I am not hip enough or have hip enough friends to go around sharing pics together by tapping our phones. My firends aren't usually around when I want to show them a pic so I do this thing that we used to do back in the old days: Send an MMS.
And hasn't the BUMP app been around for like... years even if I wanted to Bump phones? Been there tried that. Bumped a few times with my wife (ha-chachacha) and never used it again.
They are "over featuring" these phones to the point of absurdity.
And the main idea behind NFC from Googles standpoint is that Google wallet. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Google knows so much about you. Now they want to know where you spend your money. Everywhere.
It's different then the Loyalty Card from the Grocery Store. That's different. I don't mind that. That helps the store to make sure what I want is going to be in stock. The grocery store doesn't know what I bought on Amazon. Or at the Drug Store. or at the Bar.
But Google Wallet on your phone will know all of that. Too creepy for me.
No thanks...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I use Google Wallet every few days at convenience stores and on some gas stations.

I also have a NFC BT speaker set in my 2 y/o daughter's room. When she wants me to read stories to put her to sleep I hold my phone up to the pad and it connects my phone to her speaker system to play music.

Every now and again I use Bump.

I use it quite a bit, actually.

OP
lloydsw

lloydsw

Reaction score
For inter-phone commo, I was thinking more of sending contacts...not pics