Motorola Turbo 2
After Android 9 this problem started anyone else run into nfc glitches

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Z2 Force users that did receive Android 9 Pie are reporting a lot of major issues with that update. This is probably one more bug that can be added to the list.

I'm not sure from the title of the post if you have issues turning NFC on or off, since the title mentions both. But if you use NFC often and can get it to turn On, why not just leave it On and not worry about turning it Off? I always turn it On with every new phone and never turn it Off.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The Z2 Force users that did receive Android 9 Pie are reporting a lot of major issues with that update. This is probably one more bug that can be added to the list.

I'm not sure from the title of the post if you have issues turning NFC on or off, since the title mentions both. But if you use NFC often and can get it to turn On, why not just leave it On and not worry about turning it Off? I always turn it On with every new phone and never turn it Off.

I only turn it on when about to make a purchase then turn it off so accidental purchases can't happen. In the z2 I now have to reboot to accomplish this sometimes pretty anoying update. Also every new notification you swipe away it asks do you want to continue see the notifications as you usually swipe them away but most are just meant to be read and swiped away not clicked on. That was anoying about the update. Also phone calls when you go to homescreen now have a Facebook like bubble for he call which is interesting. Android 9 could have been more stable I think

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

I think the Moto g7 is the latest Moto does it have issues w Android 9 is it any good

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the Moto g7 is the latest Moto does it have issues w Android 9 is it any good

I think it shipped with Android 9. Big difference between phones that ship with a version over a 2 year old phone that just had it's second Android OS update (like the Z2). The second update always seems to cause major issues. I don't have any of your issues with my Z4, since it shipped with Android 9 and wasn't updated several times in its life. The Moto G7 is a mid-range phone, no high end specs. Keep that in mind. You probably would not like it. It's a great phone for $200 - $300, but don't expect anything like a Z2 Force out of it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I only turn it on when about to make a purchase then turn it off so accidental purchases can't happen. In the z2 I now have to reboot to accomplish this sometimes pretty anoying update. Also every new notification you swipe away it asks do you want to continue see the notifications as you usually swipe them away but most are just meant to be read and swiped away not clicked on. That was anoying about the update. Also phone calls when you go to homescreen now have a Facebook like bubble for he call which is interesting. Android 9 could have been more stable I think

I only turn it on when about to make a purchase then turn it off so accidental purchases can't happen.

* Sounds like you might just need to leave NFC On for now. It's very difficult to make an "accidental" purchase...you have to accidentally swipe your phone near an NFC payment terminal and then accidentally confirm your payment.

...pretty annoying update.

* Android 9 is pretty good on my Z4 and my wife's Z3, we don't have the issues you describe or other Z2 Force users have reported. But as I mentioned before, the second major OS update usually causes the major issues. Look back over time and you can see many phones that were practically ruined after receiving the second major Android OS update.

Also every new notification you swipe away it asks do you want to continue see the notifications...

* Part of Google's "new" Notification system changes. Google keeps changing the Notification and Permissions with each new update.

...phone calls when you go to home screen you now have a bubble for he call which is interesting....

* That's not a bug, that's intentional. It's part of Google's PIP changes for Android. I personally like it.

Android 9 could have been more stable I think

* It is for most other phones.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like the in line replies:) formated very well

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Nfc issues still happening wicked anoying anyone else see this or could test it

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nfc issues still happening wicked anoying anyone else see this or could test it

I think you are the only forum member with a Z2 Force.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think you are the only forum member with a Z2 Force.

Wow I'm using an antique awesome phone lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow I'm using an antique awesome phone lol

I don't think it's so much that....more of very few members left here. And those that are left primarily have a Samsung or a Pixel. Years ago there were a ton of Moto phone owners posting here. And LG, and other phones. Now there is a very small handful of users that post here anymore, and of those you might be the only one with a Z2 Force? It's not the phone, it's that Forums in general are a dying product (unfortunately).

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Well i love the info I find on this forum keep it going. Android needs to step up the quality control for the hardware makers of.its phones and come out with a new.flagship phone that has all the bells and whistles. Moto please make a come back

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well i love the info I find on this forum keep it going. Android needs to step up the quality control for the hardware makers of.its phones and come out with a new.flagship phone that has all the bells and whistles. Moto please make a come back

Since "Android" is made by Google.....they did just what you asked. They made the Pixel. The 4th generation Pixel is supposed to be announced next month. "Android" which is made by Google doesn't control the hardware of other manufacturers like Moto, Samsung, LG, etc. And nor should they. They provide the base stock Android software. If you want a phone with all the bells & whistles, with "Android" (which is really Google) controlled hardware that would be a Pixel phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SMYDSMITH, like sajo mentioned, I think many of the things you mentioned are due to the features of Pie and you having a second major OS update. There are probably many things you can control in settings. The NFC problem may be due to conflicts with old settings in older OS'. Have you tried doing a factory data reset? Make sure you back up/ save everything you want to keep before going that route but it would take care of any conflicts and start you fresh with the Pie update.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk