Nexus7- Thethering? Y/N

helron

Reaction score
Nexus7 is non LTE/CMDA... Question for Travel/Roadnuse

Can we use Nexus7 in the car, via our new VZ Shared Data Plan on our Droids. and sussessfully connect Nexus to our data plan? Plan actually saved us $$$$$.
Other support group said to BT tether droid to nexus? Does nexus not have the ability to tether using LTE or CMDA?
Which will actually work? I hope we can use our data plan with Nexus, as others do with IPADS.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nexus7 is non LTE/CMDA... Question for Travel/Roadnuse

Can we use Nexus7 in the car, via our new VZ Shared Data Plan on our Droids. and sussessfully connect Nexus to our data plan? Plan actually saved us $$$$$.
Other support group said to BT tether droid to nexus? Does nexus not have the ability to tether using LTE or CMDA?
Which will actually work? I hope we can use our data plan with Nexus, as others do with IPADS.

The Nexus7 can not tether by radios since it has none. You can start tethering on your phone and have the Nexus7 pick up the signal, but not the other way around.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
The Nexus7 can not tether by radios since it has none. You can start tethering on your phone and have the Nexus7 pick up the signal, but not the other way around.
I'm sorry but I don't understand .
Are you saying that I can set up anLTE HOTSPOT ON my droid and the Nexus will see it. How if no radio. Is TVA Bluetooth connection I'm looking to set up? So basically am I connecting my droid to the Nexus while my droid is on LTE but yet is connecting to the Nexus via a Bluetooth and thereby bringing LTE to the Nexus? Whew..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Because your Droid will send out a WIFI signal that the Nexus will pick up and use like any other WIFI connectable device.