1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nexus7- Thethering? Y/N

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by helron, Jul 19, 2012.

1. helron

helron New Member

Nexus7 is non LTE/CMDA... Question for Travel/Roadnuse

Can we use Nexus7 in the car, via our new VZ Shared Data Plan on our Droids. and sussessfully connect Nexus to our data plan? Plan actually saved us $$$$$.
    Other support group said to BT tether droid to nexus? Does nexus not have the ability to tether using LTE or CMDA?
    Which will actually work? I hope we can use our data plan with Nexus, as others do with IPADS.
  2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

The Nexus7 can not tether by radios since it has none. You can start tethering on your phone and have the Nexus7 pick up the signal, but not the other way around.
  3. helron

helron New Member

I'm sorry but I don't understand .
    Are you saying that I can set up anLTE HOTSPOT ON my droid and the Nexus will see it. How if no radio. Is TVA Bluetooth connection I'm looking to set up? So basically am I connecting my droid to the Nexus while my droid is on LTE but yet is connecting to the Nexus via a Bluetooth and thereby bringing LTE to the Nexus? Whew..
  4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

Because your Droid will send out a WIFI signal that the Nexus will pick up and use like any other WIFI connectable device.
Search tags for this page
how does nexus7 gen 2 hotspot wifi tether work

how to tether a nexus 7

nexus 7 droid x2 tether usb
tether nexus 7 to droid incredible
tethering with nexus7