Nexus Watches coming....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not doing an "official" News Story because it's still a huge... damn, what's that word I despise??? O yea.,... a RUMINT. :confused:

Snippet:

Speaking to Android Police, a reliable source has told us that Google is currently building two Android Wear devices - possibly Nexus-branded - for release some time after the latest Nexus phones are announced. One watch will be larger, sportier, and more fully-featured (LTE, GPS, heart rate), the other will be smaller and lack the aforementioned mobile data and GPS.

SOURCE

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw this in my news feed this morning. Very interesting.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I hear there are 2 models codenamed "Angelfish" and "Swordfish and should be available sometime in Q4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since AW watches are pure AW now couldn't they just call them all a Nexus?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since AW watches are pure AW now couldn't they just call them all a Nexus?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
They are not all pure AW. Since wearing my new Moto 360 Sport for a few days, it has some custom Moto features that were not present in my LG G Watch. It looks like some manufacturers are putting their custom UI on the stock AW build.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Great. Can't wait for the "I'm never buying a Moto Watch again because of slow updates!!!" Lol

No one would ever say that!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great. Can't wait for the "I'm never buying a Moto Watch again because of slow updates!!!" Lol

Or a carrier adding bloatware to 3/4G models.
Thanks for clarifying the manufacturers are adding specific things for their models. I thought only Samsung was adding Samsung specific bloatware.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
On the Urbane, it's very minimal. Not a skin, but a couple of LG apps for initiating calls directly from the watch and LG Pulse for heart rate. Not sure why. Google Now handles one of those and Fit takes care of the other.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know Moto has stated that they're not going to refresh the 360 with AW 2.0. Maybe we can hold out hope that they had a hand in one of these new watches?

In any case, I'm glad to see SOMEONE is going to put out some new watches. All of the articles on how smartwatches are a dying trend hurt my heart. I love mine and will want to upgrade eventually, so they better keep making them.

I still think that Google has made a misstep by pushing the launch date of AW 2.0 back so far. They better REALLY bring something to the table with this update that hasn't been leaked or rumored so far. Everything I've seen about it makes it seem like a nice incremental upgrade, but nothing to justify the timeline being stretched so hard.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Agreed with everything you posted Jonny. I keep reading those articles about wearables dying, not selling, etc and it's sad. Moto also said they are taking a break from smart watch manufacturing for a while. Don't know if that means this year and why there was no 360 3rd Gen? Or if that means no new watches in 2017 either? Looking forward to these new watches and what 2017 brings to the Android Wear table in general.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Asus screwing up. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 3 using my little Xmas bonus. I always piss it away on something for me. Still not in stock anywhere.
So now I'll wait for this.