nexus S

CONN3C7x

Reaction score
Is it normal for the phones search button (mag. Glass) to automatically start glitching and opening Google 20 times in a row till I have to hit the power button to make it stop? Its always when I'm playing a game or on YouTube does anyone know how I can make it stop without resetting the phone ?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Is it normal for the phones search button (mag. Glass) to automatically start glitching and opening Google 20 times in a row till I have to hit the power button to make it stop? Its always when I'm playing a game or on YouTube does anyone know how I can make it stop without resetting the phone ?

Since I dont' own the phone, my searches didn't lead to super helpful results.
it only affects the i9020a (AT&T version) and the false search activations are related to signal strength, the lower the signal, the more often the search will fire.

Officially, according to Samsung, 2.3.6 fixes the issue.

Playing with different radios can have an impact, the best will be the most recent (the one included in 2.3.6). The software fix mitigate the problem by suppressing search activations that it thinks are false positives.

For a true fix is sending it to Samsung for a screen replacement. I got my phone back and have had no false search activations since. I told them that I was on 2.3.6 and that I was still having search activations, they authorized a repair. replaced the screen and that's that.

^^ from xda-developers - View Single Post - Nexus s search bug I am not entirely sure if that is true, but he seems to have credibility on XDA so perhaps he knows his stuff (plus it was the top result in my search). There were quite a few other hits in my Google search, which seem to recommend quite a wide range of things.

I hate to send folks away from this site, but with this site consisting of mainly Verizon users, there probably won't be too many NS users here. If you were looking for better responses, perhaps from folks that own a Nexus S then perhaps you would be best off in a forum for that device. General Android stuff, sure we can handle, but this problem seems to be device specific (for example the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a search button at all by default).

OP
CONN3C7x

CONN3C7x

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED
Bought a galaxy S II LTE lol

OP
CONN3C7x

CONN3C7x

Reaction score
The difference is night and day