Nexus S / Nexus 2 so far T-Mobile only

JRowMe

Reaction score
Mike is right. I'm fluent in korean since i'm a korean-american. there's no "NECCHEOS" lol neck suh seu. say it fast nexus. kinda like how there's no way word for "speaker" in korean so they say it seu pee cuh. I like to call it Konglish.

iamhenry118

Reaction score
Mike is right. I'm fluent in korean since i'm a korean-american. there's no "NECCHEOS" lol neck suh seu. say it fast nexus. kinda like how there's no way word for "speaker" in korean so they say it seu pee cuh. I like to call it Konglish.

Why would you say you like to call it that when that is what it is?

Also, Speaker would be "su-pe-kuh" Seu would sound like "say oo"

iamhenry118

Reaction score
nexus-s-nexus-2.jpg

alzakx said:
The first sticker just confirms that the i9020 is the new Samsung phone. Please remember that Samsung is a Korean based company, so that's why it is written in Korean.

The second sticker, the word written there sounds like... tan ta taaaaan... NECCHEOS. So that would be probably translated as Nexus. Noticed the 2 at the end? So that reads Nexus 2.

There you have it. You wanted to know what is looked like? There... the Nexus 2.

So the name is still up for debate, IMHO. Also, as BGR has confirmed the Nexus S appears to be T-Mobile only at this point... but that's not to say that future revisions won't be released with Verizon capabilities in hand. Here's to hoping!

That is say-oo said relatively quickly so that they run together.

The first character is composed of a "neun" (an 'n' sound), an "ae" (sounds like the e in 'neck') and a "giyeok" (a hard 'k' sound).

The second character is composed of a "siot" (an 's' sound) followed by an "eo" (sounds like "uh")

The third character is composed of a "siot" (same 's' sound) followed by an "eu" (sounds like the 'i' in sir)

Hence phonetically it says " Naek-suh-soo"

texanmike

Reaction score
nexus-s-nexus-2.jpg

alzakx said:
The first sticker just confirms that the i9020 is the new Samsung phone. Please remember that Samsung is a Korean based company, so that's why it is written in Korean.

The second sticker, the word written there sounds like... tan ta taaaaan... NECCHEOS. So that would be probably translated as Nexus. Noticed the 2 at the end? So that reads Nexus 2.

There you have it. You wanted to know what is looked like? There... the Nexus 2.

So the name is still up for debate, IMHO. Also, as BGR has confirmed the Nexus S appears to be T-Mobile only at this point... but that's not to say that future revisions won't be released with Verizon capabilities in hand. Here's to hoping!

That is say-oo said relatively quickly so that they run together.

The first character is composed of a "neun" (an 'n' sound), an "ae" (sounds like the e in 'neck') and a "giyeok" (a hard 'k' sound).

The second character is composed of a "siot" (an 's' sound) followed by an "eo" (sounds like "uh")

The third character is composed of a "siot" (same 's' sound) followed by an "eu" (sounds like the 'i' in sir)

Hence phonetically it says " Naek-suh-soo"

I think we're getting all worked up over this. There would be a difference between how it is pronounced in different regions and while Henry is phonetically correct, I think the main point is that is clearly "NeK Su Suh 2" which is what we were all worried about.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by my pronounciation. While we think of it as 'Nexsus' the reality is that we're giving the closest that we could to a Korean pronounciation.

Mike

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
pronunciation aside... I'm not gonna lie that since T-mobile has pretty good service where I live, that I'm contemplating a switch in order to get one of these 'vanilla' phones.

...contemplating... not decided being the key :)

JRowMe

Reaction score
lol WOW henry. still wrong about the soo (soo looks like 수 compared to 스 Konglish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia look at news and how it's spelled). My point was it's wasn't as vague as NECCHEOS where who the hell knows what it could mean...and that is was Neck-suh-seu which is a much clearer interpretation of nexus. Whereas your comment was uselessly nitpicking about crap that no one reading a droid forum post would care for. Onto the topic at hand!

wmnomore

Reaction score
Yeah, wake me up when you guys start talking about a phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

v4npro

Reaction score
I switched to verizon for the droid x so I'm stuck on contract for 2 years, BUT if this phone does come to verizon I will 100% get it but I don't think it will. It'll be like the NeXus one, T-Mobile contract, all others (not verizon) full price.

shdowman

Reaction score
I have never like T-Mobile and the jump from vzw would be VERY to do. T-Mobiles "4g" is really not even that. LTE will make it look stupid. But really that is not my point of concern...its the coverage. Either way, I have one more week to decide as I really love the hardware on this fascinate but the software is really crap imho. Not to mention the dev community doesn't appear to be that strong in support for this device at all....well done vzw, well done indeed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I'd pay full retail for the N2 on VZW... although I doubt we'll see it.