Nexus reception issues in Central Ohio ???

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by jetman, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetman

jetman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My new every 2 is up 1/4/12 and have been seriously looking to upgrade my Original Droid with the GN.... but all of the talk of poor 4G reception has me skeptical. My wife and son both have LG Revolution with excellent 4G reception in the Central Ohio area and wonder if any of the new GN users in the area are having reception problems. I'm wondering if it's a location issue or phone problem. Any input would be appreciated from Central Ohio residents before I sign up for a 2 year hassle.

2. soulshot96

soulshot96 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Ohio (around Dayton) and I haven't gone below 2 bars of 4g, it usually hovers around 3. Here's an average speed test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

3. TuxDude

TuxDude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BTW dont judge the signal quality by the number of bars - check the download speeds, voice quality and such qualitative aspects as of now since the signal strength, the bars and other such quantitative numbers displayed are apples and oranges when you compare them across 2 different phone models...

Check this article for more info: AnandTech - Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,544
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.