Nexus Prime vs HTC Vigor?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm glad someone else asked the question. My contract is up on my original Droid at the beginning of December. My power button just broke, and rather than fix it, I am making due and going to spend my money on a new upgrade. I was about to get a Bionic this week but once I read about the couple new ones coming out, I'm waiting. I've never had anything but Motorola phones, so I don't know how the HTC or Samsung brand reputation is. In reading a few replies, it would seem both phones will be the same, but one will be more basic and update faster. I don't root my phones, but just use them as they come out of the box, and add my favorite apps. Hopefully there is a clear cut better phone coming in the next month or so I'll be happy.

If you dont root your phones but do like to tinker with them as far as changing the overall appearance then you may really like the HTC. Sense has it all when it comes to customizing a non rooted phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No confirmation on this yet. Typically full Google Experience phones are completely unlocked, but there is yet to be full confirmation that this will be complete Google Experience on Verizon.

It better be; how you gonna have a locked down and bloated up nexus. They might as well just gave us the GS2.

And to those smashing the bionic and tbolt; every device is going to have something negative about it that people will not like. As hyped up as the nexus is now it there will be complaint threads later. This is why I suggest people read the reviews before buying it. Because some people are already bailing out because it supposedly will not have an external sd card slot. So make sure you know what you getting before you get it. Because vanilla android does not have that same look as custom uis (sense, blur, touchwiz). Custom uis help sell phones because vanilla android does not appeal to everyone.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wat there will be no external sd card?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

wolstonc

Reaction score
Yeah, word is no SD card. Which I actually am for. Both phones are gonna be awesome. And while I like sense, I want ics and to be on the forefront of future updates, and the amoled screen. Plus, HTC seems to not care about battery life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Why dnt u like the ability to add an extra sd card? So that also means u wont be able to take the cover off or the battery like the iphone?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why dnt u like the ability to add an extra sd card? So that also means u wont be able to take the cover off or the battery like the iphone?

Hmm hopefully they are not making the battery non changeable because that would be a problem.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently they just following up what they did with the nexus s, it did not have sd card support either.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'd much rather have an sd card. I like using the card from my old phone and restoring app data with TiBu. And lets say somehow the phone bricks and you cant ever get it back. Bye bye data!

hydro556

Reaction score
Yeah, word is no SD card. Which I actually am for. Both phones are gonna be awesome. And while I like sense, I want ics and to be on the forefront of future updates, and the amoled screen. Plus, HTC seems to not care about battery life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

My HTC Incredible had crappy battery life at first but over time it improved a lot, enough that I quit using the extended battery and am back to the standard.

I am leaning toward getting the Prime when it comes out, And am not really worried about the SD card. Are you guys saying that it wont have an external slot, or that it cannot be removed at all?

Other than when I first got my Bionic and I pulled the card from my Inc and put it in the Bionic, and then removed it when I sent the Bionic back, I never pull SD cards. Doesnt seem like a big deal to me.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wel it sound like it wont have an external sd card that wont be able to get removed and yeah I think its good just so u can add more gb and move stuff more easily from ur old phone to the nexus like music pix etc

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Without an sd card, you guys can still back up your data and transfer files to your pc. Internal is rumored to be 32gb. I don't think this is that big of a deal, at least not to me.

A non-removable battery....now that is a huge deal. I really doubt that would happen though.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I jus like everything to be remobable just in case

Chatchie

Reaction score
If it has internal storage rather then SD card doesnt that mean it will load/read the data faster? I thought that was the reason Apple did this (besides charging more for 32g versions).

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wel idk if its faster but I would prefer a lil bit slow start up if it means I can remove the sd card and now that u meantion it the prime just has 1 price so that means it either will only have a 32 gb version or it will have a removable sd card

loki993

Reaction score
Without an sd card, you guys can still back up your data and transfer files to your pc..

I don't though, I do it all on my phone.

If it has internal storage rather then SD card doesnt that mean it will load/read the data faster? I thought that was the reason Apple did this (besides charging more for 32g versions).

and 64 gig lol