Nexus Prime vs Galaxy Nexus

mtnbst

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the name. I think the industry has a real problem with reusing names. There are SO MANY NAMES you could pick, and yet we ended up with Galaxy Nexus.

Both "Galaxy" and "Nexus" refer to other phones and devices.

"I have the Galaxy"
"Oh, cool - how do you like the tablet? That's a 10 inch screen, right?"

"I have the Nexus"
"Oh nice, I'm a big fan of HTC, too"

And actually, while we're complaining about names. The "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" doesn't even fully describe the phone. There are two VERY different models. The GSM and the LTE. Normally, GSM vs CDMA wouldn't matter much, as it's all internal. But with the Galaxy Nexus, the batteries are different shapes and sizes. So if you want a charger or replacement battery, you have to be very careful when ordering. You can't just get a battery for a Samsung Galaxy Nexus - you have to make sure you pick i515 or i9250. And that's not even getting to the fact that most places quote the wrong device name and model number anyway.

At least it's not "Droid" anymore. That was a disaster of a name choice from the day it was announced. May as well have just called it "phone".
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by nbucko
You could call it the flaming pile of dog poo for all I care. I'm just happy to have it in my hands.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Amen:)

(that being said, you do have some valid points)​