Nexus one Update : Multitouch!

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by Demo24, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Demo24

Demo24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Looks like maps 3.4 is more than just multitouch. Not sure when that is going to hit the market, I checked but it hasn't been updated yet. Might somehow be included in this OTA update.

2. Erron

Erron Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea as far as maps goes, someoen will come up with a file to just install it, even if it isn't in the market. Just like the 2.1 clock, news, app drawer and so on.

3. mazz0310

mazz0310 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I agree with that, we will see that before we see an update for the Droid ourselves.

4. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Night mode Navigation ftw! As for our update, im waiting somewhat patiently for it. It should be good.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

5. password_droid

Ratings:
    +0
    i hope the droid gods are listening...

6. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, Jobs should have shut his mouth about Google, iphone lost the one thing it had over Android

7. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Ratings:
    +0

I think you are right... :icon_ devil:

8. masters

masters Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the nexus update still at 2.1? I was figuring they would jump to 2.2.

9. JFDroid

JFDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never liked Dolphin Browser. I installed it yesterday and took it back off after remembering how ugly the UI is. Haven't tried xscope. Is that a good browser?

I'm on a VZW employee account. Unfortunately, it is monitored and I can't be caught doing anything outside of VZW's employee policies (including rooting, adding custom baked ROMs, etc.) And should I happen to brick my phone, I'd have a lot of fun explaining that to the Verizon Employee whose personal account I'm under... because he, and only he, may call the employee phone team (which takes the place of *611 for non-employee customers of VZW), and sometimes they ask a lot of questions. I'd totally be rooting my phone if not for all of that. I am on a personal account, but the Verizon Employee who is responsible for the account I'm on did an AOL (assumption of liability) and now Verizon can pretty much tell us what we can and can't do on our phones on this account. The AOL is required to get 50% off all monthly charges/contract prices. Me, him, his mom and dad and grandma are all on the account. He gets 1 billion (okay, like 10 in the past 6 months) phones through contests for work, and his mom and dad and grandma don't use upgrades - they're all on old LG flip phones, so I get to use all 5 upgrades if I want, I just have to pay the 2-year contract pricing.

Oh well. I get 5 upgrades every 10 months at 2 year pricing (so I could upgrade every 2 months to a new phone at 2 year price), so I *always* get the latest, greatest phone on big red's network, and 50% off my plan. And, because there's 5 of us, we have 2000 or 2100 minutes and everyone his family calls is on VZW, so I get 2100 minutes and I think I pay him $40 a month toward the bill and him and his family pay the rest... so I'll settle for that. Fair trade off in my opinion.

10. Guchi

Guchi Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No droid has been bricked yet, its almost imposible.
    they cant tell you modified the phone unless you tell them.

11. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So root and if it messes up smash the phone on the ground, recycle it and get a new one?

12. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm done with updates from Google. From now on, I will solely rely on devs like the Sholes Team to release updates for their ROMS and for other devs to port over all the new multitouch apps from this 2.1 update. We have individuals who are pushing out new stuff before these billion dollar companies can...something is wrong with that. The Nexus gets an updated version of 2.1 before the Droid even gets the original 2.1? GTFOH.