Nexus One OS on DI

Afredo

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if its possible to download the Nexus One version of standard android 2.1 and install it on the DI right now, or if that needs to wait for rooting? Theres a bunch of little quirks that I don't like about sense, thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if its possible to download the Nexus One version of standard android 2.1 and install it on the DI right now, or if that needs to wait for rooting? Theres a bunch of little quirks that I don't like about sense, thanks.

You won't ever be able to do that. They will have to create a ROM for you that might be similar to N1 but it won't be exactly the same. And Sense is part of what you get with the Incredible. If your still in your trial you can exchange for the Droid.

OP
A

Afredo

Reaction score
I just meant like install standard android 2.1 in the DI. and i had the regular droid, the physical keyboard blew and that phone's not as good as this one, so thats why I got this one. is it possible, or will it be once rooted, to install just standard android 2.1 on the DI?

sirphobos

Reaction score
and i had the regular droid, the physical keyboard blew and that phone's not as good as this one, so thats why I got this one.
My phone says otherwise :)

lYDiq.jpg

But that's a moot point, hook is right you cannot do what you want to do. N1 OS is made for the N1's hardware. Not the DI.

alm0614

Reaction score
can't you go into manage applications and clear defaults and then just choose stock 2.1 rather than sense next time you hit the home button? or am mistaken

shamus

Reaction score
I think once the Incredible is rooted, a Vanilla Android ROM would be one of the first ROMs we will see.
Don't know why there's so much negativity in the thread. Maybe it's because all the replies are from Droid owners....posting in the Incredible forum.
You can install a home replacement (helix, launcher pro etc) and it will look significantly less like sense.

rcd213

Reaction score
and i had the regular droid, the physical keyboard blew and that phone's not as good as this one, so thats why I got this one.

lYDiq.jpg

But that's a moot point, hook is right you cannot do what you want to do. N1 OS is made for the N1's hardware. Not the DI.

what program, did you use to get the benchmarks on your phone (btw, I'm rooted, BB, 1 GHz)? Thanks...

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download Helix launcher and choose it as your home replacement. There you go.

[email protected]

Reaction score

lYDiq.jpg

what program, did you use to get the benchmarks on your phone (btw, I'm rooted, BB, 1 GHz)? Thanks...

download Quadrant from the market