Nexus One Beats out the Iphone 3gs

wil318466

Reaction score
The Iphone only has one thing in my opinion Droid needs fixed! "The look" The droid is ugly to a non techy person that does not know of its potential.
The Droid is like the Hummer (H1) which to me is VERY appealing.

I've always said that the iPhone is no doubt a great device but it's too "girly and pretty" in my opinion.

The Droid like a Glock is just a great looking piece of equipment : )

Ahh, the old form vs function debate.

I think, for some strange reason, that most "techy" people like the look of the Droid. I think for casual people they like the rounded glossy look of the iPhone.

As a matter of fact, my friend today said "Damn this phone is hot, it can do so much stuff its amazing. I just don't like the way it looks" and I asked what he meant, he said he likes phones with rounded corners. He's just a regular run of the mill non techy person, and I can see where he is coming from.

But, like I've said before, with my Droid overclocked running Smoked Glass, hands down NO CONTEST it smokes the iPhone.

The Nexus, however... hmm. Debatable.

-Wil

nolanandy

Reaction score
The Iphone only has one thing in my opinion Droid needs fixed! "The look" The droid is ugly to a non techy person that does not know of its potential. I played with it at the store a few time before I was sold. I love how they always talk about how many apps apple has, who cares if you have 99,900 apps that are worthless.

The Nexus One will take care of that market when it comes to Verizon.

If N1 comes to Verizon, it will be tough for the Droid. If Verizon carries all three phones, Droid, N1 and iPhone. I will pick either the iPhone and N1 over the Droid in a heartbeat.

iPirate

Reaction score
CNET says iphone looks better because of rounded edges? do they expect me to take them seriously after saying that?

wiredout46

Reaction score
I want to see a REAL test.

800Mhz OC Droid vs iPhone 3GS!
big_ugh.gif

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just watched on cnet.com how the Nexus One beat out Iphone 3gs just barelly in there review. However the moto droid got spanked? How in the hell did they come up with the iphone 3gs spankin the droid? Serious?
I don't see why it matters. You always have to consider how any review fits your needs/preferences. Personally, I've found C|Net to be completely irrelevant to me over the years. YMMV, of course.