Nexus now pixel

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't get why Google doesn't just name them "Google Phone". If the goal is to reach a broader audience, use the name you're known for. The people I know who have actually heard of Nexus can be counted on my fingers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't get why Google doesn't just name them "Google Phone". If the goal is to reach a broader audience, use the name you're known for. The people I know who have actually heard of Nexus can be counted on my fingers.

This guy is on to something!

look at the first ever android phone. At least it had a G in its name. I seem to remember people calling the G1 the g-phone at some point early on. Glad that didn't stick, but at least it made sense.

People still call them all Droids & those commercials are long gone. I'm sure many of those same people have no clue that Android comes from Google. Sure, it's got a lot of Google apps, but so does the iPhone & from what I hear, Google's apps tend to be better over there. Figure that one out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This guy is on to something!

look at the first ever android phone. At least it had a G in its name. I seem to remember people calling the G1 the g-phone at some point early on. Glad that didn't stick, but at least it made sense.

People still call them all Droids & those commercials are long gone. I'm sure many of those same people have no clue that Android comes from Google. Sure, it's got a lot of Google apps, but so does the iPhone & from what I hear, Google's apps tend to be better over there. Figure that one out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Because that would be too simple. They didn't pay their r&d person all that money just to keep it simple. So after all the hard work and time spent the guy suggested name it pixel and the executives at Google channeled their inner Guinness and shouted "brilliant".

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm. They could maybe capitalize by making crazy high pixelated devices and then it would sound like they are bragging for their insanely high resolution devices (camera and screen quality).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk