Nexus Noob... sorry.

Smoke Eater

Reaction score
So I picked up my Galaxy Nexus today and I love it. My first question though is the lack of facebook contact integration. I know that Google and Facebook are having a lovers quarrel and I am assuming that the block on syncing contacts has been continued with their latest device.

So my question is: what work arounds are there?

I have done the internet searches and found a couple of possibilities (adding friendcaster or something) however, there are too many unreliable sources out there for me to just jump at every answer to this dilemma. SO I figured I would ask the people here, who most typically, know what the hell they are doing.

My goal is to not have to do to much. I really don't feel like adding a application that is designed to browse facebook just so I can integrate contacts, when I will never use that app again. I guess my idea is that I bought this phone to minimize apps I don't want (bloatware) and I don't want to add a app I really wont use.

Picky aren't I?

Appreciate the help all. Have a good day, and a merry xmas.

powerwagon

Reaction score
I use friendcaster...works well as a sync agent. Actually, is a pretty good alternative to facebook all the way around.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
I think we're all pretty much Nexus noobs at this point...

vtnerd

Reaction score
Friendcaster or SyncMyPix are the two that I'm aware of.

Friendcaster is an alternative to the Facebook app. I only wanted to sync pictures so I went with SyncMyPix. It worked pretty well.

ChenHuangdi

Reaction score
SyncMyPix

Friendcaster or SyncMyPix are the two that I'm aware of.

Friendcaster is an alternative to the Facebook app. I only wanted to sync pictures so I went with SyncMyPix. It worked pretty well.

Is anyone else seeing that SyncMyPics isn't downloading hi-res images? Or is it just that the Nexus screen is that much bigger than the OG Droid that it looks so small?
My contact pics are tiny now and seem to be very low quality and pixelated...

vtnerd

Reaction score
Is anyone else seeing that SyncMyPics isn't downloading hi-res images? Or is it just that the Nexus screen is that much bigger than the OG Droid that it looks so small?
My contact pics are tiny now and seem to be very low quality and pixelated...

Yes. I have "maximum quality" checked but the pictures look pretty terrible. Don't know why.