Nexus Live Wallpaper has been fixed

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Newton122189, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there has to be a way to add the kernal for 2.1 on sholes rom or any other 2.0.1 based roms? im on SMU and that is a dream come true and dont want to change it, but i really want LW . is there a fix ? plz say yes

3. r-dubya

r-dubya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice, i might have to Flash a 2.1 ROM and try it out....

4. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im sure if there was any easy way to do this then it would be incorporated into sholesmod and other roms, but i dont really know, it would seem like you could just rip the kernel out of koush's rom and slap it on a 2.0.1 rom and it would work but i dont think thats how it actually is

5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not to be a wet blanket, but anyone trying this needs to understand a few things. First, nandroid what you got, because unless you are running a 2.1 rom, you are going to have to find one.

From what I gather you have Koush's Rom, or the Alldroid community rom. Perhaps others, I have not checked everyones, and someone here can/will correct me.

There may be a problem with video recording on the two I mentioned above. Will need to check that out if you install. This could be a 2.1 problem across the boards right now.

The other question is the Oc'ing. You may or may not have any luck with Tas's kernels, certainly at the high end, possibly at all. Not to mention wifi, etc.

So depending on what you have, what you have built onto your phone, upgrading to get the working live wallpapers may not be for the faint of heart (read newer folks with less understanding).

Hopefully someone can chime in here with some feedback on specific 2.1's that they have working, and any pitfalls.

Craig

6. Newton122189

Newton122189 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as far as overclock goes koush's rom already has overclock

7. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    also Greek35T has a 2.1 rom. The video thing works with a different video recorder so no big deal. The alldroid comm rom has TazKern950 pre-installed. I put 1ghz on mine though (phone is only stable to that :( ) otherwise I love the rom, the nexus wallpaper is the only one that runs smoothly on any 2.1 rom I've tried though (oddly enough since it just became available the most recently)

8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I am working on my own ROM, based off Greeks new v1 2.1 ROM. It will be themed with a variation of SmokedGlass theme, blake's icon pack. Testing so far shows it very fast and stable. No issues with short video recordings tested thus far.

Also, and I'm still learning here also, but I believe the kernel has nothing to do with 2.0/2.1. I'm compiling a new kernel right now as well, and it's not tied (that I can tell) to Android 2.0/2.1 itself. Think of the kernel as the engine in your car, and 2.0/2.1 as everything else wrapped around it to make it functional.

Search tags for this page
nexus live

nexus live wallpaper source code

r2d2 live wallpaper fixed