Nexus has a diffefent type of Sim card than Bionic?

713King

Reaction score
Does the nexus have a different type of sim card than the Droid Bionic? That's what I was told at the store when trying to use another lines upgrade, so I would have to activate two separate cards, since I am giving them the Bionic. I even asked if they could give me the sim cards so that I could activate them at home or if there was a way and the lady said no?

prowler85

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently the Bionic uses a normal sim card and the Nexus uses a micro-sim. Found that out when I upgraded as I wanted to just swap sim cards and use both for a few days but couldn't as the sim cards are different sizes. So they had to activate my phone while I was there and when I turned my Bionic over to my son we had to go down to Verizon and get a new sim card for him.

I'm sure they'll all be going to the micro sim in the future since it's way smaller and it's all about small these days.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
They do make adapters where you can place the micro-sim card in and then use it in the Bionic if you were wanting to switch phones around without going into the VZW store..

OP

713King

Reaction score
Ahh okay, that's weird. This is a one time switch, also there is no way to activate new sim cards from home via internet the same way it's used to switch phones when it was just cdma?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Both the Razr and the Nexus use the Micro's....I am under the impression that all new models will be micro.

prowler85

Reaction score
Ahh okay, that's weird. This is a one time switch, also there is no way to activate new sim cards from home via internet the same way it's used to switch phones when it was just cdma?

No, they have to be programmed at the store. Which is why you never need to call *228 on a 4g LTE device.

OP

713King

Reaction score
Ahh okay thank you guys very much, can't wait to start using the Nexus when I get it.