Nexus fans where you at?

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I went from a Palm Pre+ to a Droid Bionic to my current Galaxy Nexus. I still flash a rom/update about once a week, but as it has been stated above I'm more interested in having a stable rom. I've been running SlimKat for a while and it is awesome along with Liquid.

I'm still on Verizon Unlimited and have not seen a reason to upgrade to a new phone as my GNex can do everything a new phone can do. Unfortunately the actual hardware is starting to get worn out as the phone is almost 3 years old.

I'm waiting for the Droid Maxx Developer Edition to come down in price on Swappa / actually have one for sale as the last one that was sold was back in March (sold in 6 hours) and the one before that was sold in December. I think it is the best phone out there. 32GB of memory, 3500 mah battery, amazing radios, and looks awesome.

I want the developer edition mainly so that I can run xposed. It is very similar as to how I would modify my Palm Pre+. I wanted a mod like a black theme, smaller text, lower low volume, different vibrate patterns, etc. all I would have to do is go into Preware (like xposed) select the mods I wanted, reboot and done. I never had to reset the device, or set up my phone every time I wanted to do a new mod. Changing kernals worked the same way. If only webos was used with Motorola hardware and the support of a Nexus...

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I think one fed the other really, as all have obviously stated by now. The lack of support for the GNex from Verizon led to Google deciding not to give that privilege to VZ in the future.

I picked up a GNex a few months after it was initially released...I was one that was looking forward to it but my contract wasn't up until "well" after the release date. My manager at the time and another co-worker did get one right around launch. They were pleased at first and by the time I got mine, I was enjoying it...but then when the next version of Android was available, and we saw all the other carriers get it well before the Verizon unit, we weren't happy.

Then I moved to my new (to me) house and the signal in that area is bad enough, but having the GNex made it worse. Earlier this year when one of the Moto X deals was going on, I picked one up and have been happier ever since. While I was using the Nexus it wasn't a bad device...but looking back and comparing to what I've got now...well, it could've been way better than it was.

RIP Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Verizon Nexus program.