Nexus & Droid 1 Speed Compared, Should I be conerned

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like what I mentioned before, just a specific location that has a severe bug with it's network.

I'd have all of what you just said written down to tell them so that they don't give you the run around. Give them dBm results, speed test results ect... I think you'll get their attention when they test your area.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I'd have all of what you just said written down to tell them so that they don't give you the run around. Give them dBm results, speed test results ect... I think you'll get their attention when they test your area.

Just spent 1 hour 15 minutes on the phone with a level 2 tech and did just what you said. He did some things in the system and had me run test with two different apps before and after restart. Super helpful guy, but seemed concerned that the engineers were going to gloss over it, so he listed a lot documentation. I should know something in a few days.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice of you to go through with it and deal with them. Hopefully they get someone to check out the location.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
Although nothing has been fixed yet, I would encourage anyone with similar issues to get a level 2 tech, and skip over store employees and normal representatives. While most are well meaning, they simply don't have the knowledge that the level 2 techs have.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear you got Verizon's attention OP. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.

As for dealing with store employees or normal reps, don't you have to speak with them before they connect you to a level 2 tech?

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
As for dealing with store employees or normal reps, don't you have to speak with them before they connect you to a level 2 tech?

Yes, but it took a couple of attempts because the regular reps did not seem to understand why this was a problem.

captdroid

Reaction score
Yes it's Verizon's network IMO that is performing poorly in some areas for 3g connectivity when going through the extra network layer that is required for some 4g radio phones. i.e. eHRPD:13

My guess is Verizon will NOT being fixing this. The fix is for Verizon to change everything over to 4g.

OP
H

HikenGruven

Reaction score
At the BWI airport about 40 minutes from where I live. Ran a quick test on 3G and wow, what a difference on the upload speed. Interesting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums