Nexus charging

bmilla35

Reaction score
I apologize if the question has already been brought up, but does the Galaxy Nexus not charge while the phone is on? If so, that's a big nuissance.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine does, both wall and usb

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
B

bmilla35

Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. Is there an icon showing that it charges that I don't see?

OP
B

bmilla35

Reaction score
Actually, no, my phone just isn't charging. I'm using my old Incredible charger, though.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, yeah you should probably use the factory charger, especially vs. one that old. The newer devices can be finicky about that.

Dadroid08

Reaction score
Mine charges just fine..

droid_mike

Reaction score
Ah, yeah you should probably use the factory charger, especially vs. one that old. The newer devices can be finicky about that.

That doesn't explain why it doesn't charge well with USB to a computer.

Reaction score
My OG and D2G were slow on the PC USB no matter what cable I used. I suspected the cable was different but I tried a few and I just think its inharent for a PC USB to be weaker than a wall transformer. I will just sustain my phone on PC USB and charge my phone with a wall outlet. Just how I got used to it.

catfisher

Reaction score
Charging

My OG and D2G were slow on the PC USB no matter what cable I used. I suspected the cable was different but I tried a few and I just think its inharent for a PC USB to be weaker than a wall transformer. I will just sustain my phone on PC USB and charge my phone with a wall outlet. Just how I got used to it.

This is true of computer USB ports. They do not charge as quickly as wall or car chargers do. My X charges in the computer in nearly double the time as the wall. I don't remember the actual number behind it, but it is significantly lower than the wall.

Cubemonkey

Reaction score
Most motherboards will charge devices poorly. Some not at all. If you want a motherboard that will charge quickly, you need to find one that advertises that feature. My ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 does that.

scdown

Reaction score
That doesn't explain why it doesn't charge well with USB to a computer.

It all depends on the current draw the USB port supports - some hubs will give the device more (up to an amp), but keyboard ports are notorious for not providing enough current. Try changing ports - I found that a dedicated charger was much faster than my computer, and if I was using the phone while charging on the computer, it was like treading water on the charge.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I've charged my galaxy nexus with the charger it came with and when I look at the battery level it seems to go down while plugged in but on the lock screen it says its charged. It usually goes to 99% or 98%.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Most USB ports push 500mA, where most wall chargers are around 800-1,000mA. As I don't have my Nexus (Yet), I don't know the output on the factory charger, but it's written on it somewhere.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
USB is considered slow charge why a wall charger is considered normal and a car charger is a quick charge. Also ur battery won't last as long if it was charged in the car vs a wall plug in.

Sent from my G-Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)