Nexus 9 Design & Type Cover Leaked

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't used the Windows tablet app store, but I think Android has a lot more refined and useful widgets/apps (especially widgets, I'm guessing).

Windows and all its programs are fine. But I like my widgets in Android for a tablet.

And there's the fact that 12" is much too large for a tablet, and on the very small side for a laptop. I just want to do basic (but more advanced than current) Office tasks/work on a MOBILE (read: 8-9") tablet. I think an Android tablet can potentially "upbridge" the phone/laptop gap more than the SP3 can "downbridge" that gap.

Well, when you are on true Windows and can run any real app under the sun, the need for an app store is a bit less, I think.

There is very little that an Android tablet can do that an Android phone can't. It is essentially just a large phone, without the ability to make calls...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is very little that an Android tablet can do that an Android phone can't. It is essentially just a large phone, without the ability to make calls...

True, but a tablet is a much better reading experience (or if you watch much video).

As for Windows rivaling apps, in many cases I'd say no (especially those with widgets). Bookmarked webpages aren't quite the same. So many specialty apps that you really won't find a good equivalent for on a PC.

If it wasn't for work, I'd choose Android over Windows hands down (and I'm no MS hater).

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...When I can install Steam and just play regular Windows games... that's cool. I will take Crysis over Angry Birds any day. :)

If I chose to update my router to dual-band (which I'd love to do anyway), nVidia is beta-testing a Steam-like app for their Shield line of devices. You can play PC games on your Shield or Shield Tablet.

If I chose to upgrade my desktop video card to an acceptably speedy nVidia card, in addition to the router, I could play PC games (like Titan Fall) on my Shield Tablet, or at 1080p on my TV through my Tablet.

I don't know of any other Android tablets that allow you to do this, though. I don't know how much of the processing is actually done by the graphics card on the PC.