Nexus 7 Tablet Benchmarked; No Slouch - Can Even Outperform Some of the Big Boys!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-7-prelim-benchmarks.png

Get ready to be impressed. It would be natural to assume that a sub $200 dollar tablet might not be a killer when it comes to performance, but you would be mistaken. Of course, we already know that the new Google Nexus 7 tablet is running a version of the NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core chip and that its GPU has 12 Cores, so we shouldn't expect it to be a slouch, even if it is clocked slightly lower than some other Tegra 3 devices. Still, by looking at these preliminary benchmarks, your $200 bucks will go along way toward one of the most powerful tablets on the market. As you can see in the chart above, the little Google tablet even trumps the $500 dollar Asus Transformer Pad Infinity in most benchmarks!

Who would have thought that one of the best multimedia and gaming tablets to hit the market would also be so incredibly affordable! Who wants one now? ;)

Source: NexusTablets.net via Engadget

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I think some of it has to do with Jelly Bean, and Google having the ability to really make the OS work with the hardware.

I wonder when JB hits the other T3 tablets how they'll do.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think some of it has to do with Jelly Bean, and Google having the ability to really make the OS work with the hardware.

I wonder when JB hits the other T3 tablets how they'll do.

Agreed along with no bloatware in the background eating up resources. No UI overlay from the other guys either.

nikecar

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that for $249 I could make do with 16gb... I just hate it that they are going down the same road as the iPad...
if the 8BG is any indication, there is only 5.9GB of actual useable space due to the OS and related files on it.

So expect 14GB or so for the 16GB model. I guess I could do with that. I have 32GB on my Rezound (16/16) and i've used about 16GB already. The saving grace is that I wouldn't be taking pictures nor much videos, so in pictures alone i have 5.5GB. Add to that all the videos I take with my phone and I should be under 10GB. At home I could stream all my music and Pandora, etc.