Nexus 7 Factory Jelly Bean Image Released By Google

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
jbimage.png

The Nexus 7 Tablet has not even seen retail stores and yet the Jelly Bean 4.1 OS factory image is already available for download. Now that the image is available the list of ROMS/Mods that will start pouring in will be quite extensive. Even better news is that users will no longer have to worry about "bricking" their devices, so the flashaholics and developers can have a field day without fear or worry. If you'd like to download the image today just click this link and let the fun begin. So who's excited?

Via: Nexus Tablets

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow.. there will be a ton of dev support on this. it will be almost like the days of the D1:)

sstenhjem

Reaction score
I was wondering what has changed with this build to remove "bricking" from our fears? (I am not a dev, just curious about what is different about 4.1 and previous versions)

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I was wondering what has changed with this build to remove "bricking" from our fears? (I am not a dev, just curious about what is different about 4.1 and previous versions)

Since this is a new device, there haven't been any previous versions of Android released for it. The fact that there is a factory image for the Nexus 7 just means that if you were to brick your tablet, you can always restore it to its original state via flashing the stock firmware.

sstenhjem

Reaction score
Since this is a new device, there haven't been any previous versions of Android released for it. The fact that there is a factory image for the Nexus 7 just means that if you were to brick your tablet, you can always restore it to its original state via flashing the stock firmware.

Now that I read it out loud it all makes sense. THNX :blink: