Nexus 7 and lollipop

OP
R

Roger Williams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2 and Nexus 7 2012 wifi
It must be a file type that I don't have an app to open and install.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
A .tar is basically a zip file, but there's no executable in there. The installation process unzips & installs all components.

Even if you get an app that can open it, that won't help you.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

Roger Williams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That sounds a bit too technical for me. What then should I do next

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The update has only just started rolling to these devices recently. I updated manually because it hasn't come to mine officially yet.

If you're not comfortable with the process, I'd recommend that you delete the file & wait to see if you get notified of the update in a few days or so. I suggest deleting it because it will download it again if that's the proper update.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

Roger Williams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The update has only just started rolling to these devices recently. I updated manually because it hasn't come to mine officially yet.

If you're not comfortable with the process, I'd recommend that you delete the file & wait to see if you get notified of the update in a few days or so. I suggest deleting it because it will download it again if that's the proper update.

Sent from my Note 4
I have looked for a way to delete it but when I go to the downloads icon in my apps where the file is there is no delete option

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is there a check box by the file? Or a button to clear or reset (I forget).

If not, try long pressing (tap & hold) on the file name & see if that brings up an option.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
R

Roger Williams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is there a check box by the file? Or a button to clear or reset (I forget).

If not, try long pressing (tap & hold) on the file name & see if that brings up an option.

Sent from my Note 4
Just deleted it. Long press brought up the delete icon. Thanks so much for your help! I really
appreciate your help

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem at all! That's what this community is all about.

If you remember, please report back if/when the update comes to your phone properly.

Sometimes, you can go into th fat about phone / system updates section & check & it will pull it down sooner than if you just wait.

Sent from my Note 4

fixed1t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
I hope someone can help. I received what I believe to be the lolipop update for my Nexus 7. It down loaded fine, however, when I went to hit on the file with my finger to install, I must have brushed it to the side and lost it. I have it under my apps in the down load icon. The file is :nakasi-lrx21p-factory-93daa4d3.tar.How do I install the update and what file is it. When I hit on the file with my finger it says : can't open file. Can someone please help!!!!

fixed1t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
Hi

re: Running Lollipop on a Nexus 7 2012

Go to settings and select about tablet, a the top of the page is System Updates, tap on that and it will check and give you the option to download 5 Lollipop

I did it last night, it needs 500meg free space, here a quick video I made.

Sherry

Reaction score
My Nexus 7 updated last night..... I NOW HAVE APPS THAT DON'T WORK!!! The most annoying is the Nook app is completely broken and won't load. The Facebook apps opens for a few seconds and then shuts down. NOT HAPPY!!! Not sure what else, was so frustrated with those two and trying to research I hadn't gotten to others.

I want to UNinstall :-(

fixed1t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
My Nexus 7 updated last night..... I NOW HAVE APPS THAT DON'T WORK!!! The most annoying is the Nook app is completely broken and won't load. The Facebook apps opens for a few seconds and then shuts down. NOT HAPPY!!! Not sure what else, was so frustrated with those two and trying to research I hadn't gotten to others.

I want to UNinstall :-(
Hi.

I'm running Facebook okay, but it took a very very long time to install and a very long time to open and work. As a mentioned to somebody else, delete Facebook app, clear the devise cache then download Facebook and install it. Like a lot of apps the old version leaves artefacts being in the cache which can confuse the new version.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You may need to do a full factory reset as well. Big jumps in version like this can cause all sorts of problems & a reset generally freshens everything up.

I did one on mine because of lag & it seems to have helped.

Sent from my Note 4

Reactions: cr6