Nexus 6p Screen protector

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife looked at me like I was nuts when I told her I ordered a couple protectors. She knows all too well how I feel about the idea of them.

But, like I told her, for $8 for 2 of them, if I don't mind them and they offer that much more protection for my phone, it's well worth giving them a try.

I can't say that I've ever actually used a glass one on any of my devices. Last one I tried was the plastic type, so I may be being unfair by swearing ever type off altogether. Now, I just have to wait for the stupid UPS facility to open at 3:30 so I can get my phone back that's been there since around 1am Saturday. Would've been nice if Huawei gave me the option to pay a little extra for Saturday delivery.
Glass is night and day better than the plastic ones. I put a Ghost Glass on my Note2 and I can't tell there's a protector on there when it's in a case but I did chip a corner of the SP so you can see there's one on there when the phone is not in a case by the small piece missing. Yes they do chip and scratch but the Ghost Glass had a higher density rating (stronger and more resistant to scratches) than the glass on the phone. Btw, the chip came from an Otterbox Defender not fitting exactly right and when it snapped tight it chipped the corner.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Been using the Verizon brand almost 2 years now.....no chips or scratches during that time. It also had an anti fingerprint coating on it that worked incredibly well for the first year or so. Not so much anymore, but it still does the job and you'd never know it was there, unless of course you removed the case.

As with anything, different brands will yield different results. Ours were $25 ea, but after our co discount came to 15. That said, after using them for almost two years, I'd gladly pay the full $25 all day long. It's a great investment & worth every penny IMHO.
Good luck JK, hope you're happy with yours!

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ugh...Idk about this...

Installation was super easy, but I ended up with a tiny piece of fuzz between the screen and protector towards the bottom. I was able to carefully peel the thing back off and get rid of it. Then, I got an air bubble on this "bubble-free" protector, so I had to peel it partially up again. Not even sure if it's gonna stay on of its own volition. Jury's still out on whether I'll peel it off again for good or not. Trying really hard to give it a chance.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ugh...Idk about this...

Installation was super easy, but I ended up with a tiny piece of fuzz between the screen and protector towards the bottom. I was able to carefully peel the thing back off and get rid of it. Then, I got an air bubble on this "bubble-free" protector, so I had to peel it partially up again. Not even sure if it's gonna stay on of its own volition. Jury's still out on whether I'll peel it off again for good or not. Trying really hard to give it a chance.
Put it in the sun. I had an air bubble and kept pressing it down.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Put it in the sun. I had an air bubble and kept pressing it down.
Haven't seen the sun since this morning. Sounds like we won't see much for the next couple of days either.

This thing is a bit "stickier" than the brand new screen on my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's kinda growing on me. I figured I'd have ripped it off by now. Definitely glad I went with the tempered glass.

I just hate seeing them on people's phones when they're all funked up, so I guarantee I'll change it sooner than most people. After I use up the second one, I don't know that I'll get more, but again, we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Domestic violence

Reaction score
I was always leery of glass screen protectors.... Opting for the film.

I recently installed a glass protector (not this particular one) but wow, what a difference. I don't think I'll ever use anything other than a glass protector now

Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love my glass screen protector. I think the key is finding one that looks and feel good. There are some that is a pain to install and looks crappy with trapped air. A nice thin glass screen protector you forget is there most of the time, especially when paired with a case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Yes.... The film always seemed to peel at some edge or location with most cases.

The glass doesn't peel or lift with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle which I love