Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, and Nexus Player Support Added To The Nexus Root Toolkit!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The devices coming from the Nexus lineup are the ultimate in developer friendliness. They can all be easily bootloader unlocked and rooted. As such you can easily flash all kinds of mods and roms to these devices. While the Nexus phones are super easy to mod not everyone is well versed in the process.

The Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit still remains the easiest way to Root your Nexus device. The kit contains everything you need such as fastboot and adb files, USB drivers, and all the automated commands you need. The toolkit can flash you back to stock, root your device, flash a custom recovery, backup your phone, and much more.

Wugfresh recently added support for the Nexus 6p, Nexus 5x, and Nexus Player. Support for Marshmallow has been present in the Toolkit for a while now, so the addition of the new Nexus devices makes this the complete package. Head to the link below for the download. The file is an exe so just double click to launch it.

via wugfresh

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Wug comes through again!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is the tool I'll be using if/when I decide to do anything with my 6P. Used it back in the day and it worked like a charm. Think it's likely still installed on my PC.

Tonik

Reaction score
Tread carefully. 6 requires a modified boot image to work 100 percent correctly. Early reports are that Wug left that out...or it isn't working properly. So you will need to flash another modified boot.img when you do this. I used Franco's, which is what I use all the time anyway.

So flash to stock + unroot. Reboot.
Use the advanced utilities to flash the kernel of your choice.
Flash recovery and root.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Awesome but he doesn't have build "M" yet.