Nexus 6P Cases From Google Causing Screenshot Issues

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A few weeks ago we found out that there was an issue with some third part cases blocking the Nexus 6P sensors in the camera hump. When case manufacturers build cases based on build schematics they are normally dead on, but when you buy cases early you still run the risk of something not fitting right or something being off. When you buy an official case from the company building the phone you purchased you expect everything to be perfect.

Android Police is reporting that the official case from Google is making it difficult to take screenshots with the Nexus 6P. The reason is that the case cover the power and volume rockers with a plastic button overlay. When the volume down is pressed during a screenshot the cover presses the volume up button as well. You can't take a screenshot if both volume buttons are depressed. When this occurs a bug report screen is launched instead of a screenshot being taken. Some users where so annoyed they took a knife to the case to remove the button cover. To resolve this you could use any case with an open button layout.

via Mobilefun

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can personally confirm that this Supcase doesn't suffer this issue quite so bad. It does occasionally try to adjust the volume instead of taking a screenshot, but only once any time it's happened to me and I always manage a screen shot on the second try when that happens. It's also only about half the price

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Relea...7420168&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+6p+case+supcase

I definitely think there's something to the theory that how close the buttons are in addition to the material of the case is mostly to blame, but the official cases sound like they're MUCH more difficult to get a good screen shot from.

Check out our ongoing discussion on cases at the following link. We've already got some reports of other cases at least having all of the proper cutouts and I'm sure any member with a case you're interested in will be glad to help test the ability to take screen shots if that's a deciding factor for you.

[Official] Nexus 6P cases Thread | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I can personally confirm that this Supcase doesn't suffer this issue quite so bad. It does occasionally try to adjust the volume instead of taking a screenshot, but only once any time it's happened to me and I always manage a screen shot on the second try when that happens. It's also only about half the price

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Relea...7420168&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+6p+case+supcase

I definitely think there's something to the theory that how close the buttons are in addition to the material of the case is mostly to blame, but the official cases sound like they're MUCH more difficult to get a good screen shot from.

Check out our ongoing discussion on cases at the following link. We've already got some reports of other cases at least having all of the proper cutouts and I'm sure any member with a case you're interested in will be glad to help test the ability to take screen shots if that's a deciding factor for you.

[Official] Nexus 6P cases Thread | Android Forum at DroidForums.net
I actually just ordered that Supcase. I had ordered the Ringke case that was supposed to arrive today (I'm the one who was driving around like crazy looking for a temporary case until then, with no luck!). Well, I wake up today and I still hadn't received a shipping email. Well, a few minutes ago I get an email saying the delivery date has changed until Tuesday. Great.

I canceled my order right away and the Supcase was available with the option of delivery for tomorrow (for an extra $9). Looks like a good case from what I've seen, and your review of it puts me at ease. Just wish Amazon would get their stuff together and stop jerking people around with cases and delivery times.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Spigen's Crustal Clear Ultra Hybrid will not allow screen shots.

Just got mine in the mail today & it raises the volume. Have not successfully taken one screen shot since putting it on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Captmilk

Reaction score

A few weeks ago we found out that there was an issue with some third part cases blocking the Nexus 6P sensors in the camera hump. When case manufacturers build cases based on build schematics they are normally dead on, but when you buy cases early you still run the risk of something not fitting right or something being off. When you buy an official case from the company building the phone you purchased you expect everything to be perfect.

Android Police is reporting that the official case from Google is making it difficult to take screenshots with the Nexus 6P. The reason is that the case cover the power and volume rockers with a plastic button overlay. When the volume down is pressed during a screenshot the cover presses the volume up button as well. You can't take a screenshot if both volume buttons are depressed. When this occurs a bug report screen is launched instead of a screenshot being taken. Some users where so annoyed they took a knife to the case to remove the button cover. To resolve this you could use any case with an open button layout.

via Mobilefun
I love that silver adopted Nexus 6p case. I wish the were in stock

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As we are approaching a new year and looking at new problems with new phones, every now and then you have to look back at the old problems and see how they stack up.

Take this issue as cases were reported to make it hard for screenshots and we then saw case reviews for the nexus 6p make this a focal for review points.

I wonder what Pixel issues will eventually fall off into forgotten land?