Nexus 6 Pics: Size Compared to Every Nexus Phone Before

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus6-vs-nexus5.png

PhoneArena recently put together a series of comparison shots of Nexus products. They wanted to give us a great example of the differences between the new Nexus 6 phablet and every other Nexus smartphone that has come before.

As you can see from the images (shown in their entirety in the thread below), the size difference is enormous when seeing the Nexus 6 next to its older ancestors. Of course, this is to be expected, but it's almost shocking just how large this phone really is. Sound off and let us know how you feel about this after you check out all the pics in the thread.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those Nexus 6 vs older Nexus size comparison images:

nexus6-vs-nexus5.png

nexus6-vs-nexus4.png

nexus6-vs-galaxy-nexus.png

nexus6-vs-nexuss.png

nexus6-vs-nexusone.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow...just wow. I don't think this is really going to work for the masses, and certainly won't work for me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that since the average phone is ~5 inches.. It won't appeal to the average user... But it will be awesome for phablet lovers...

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Works for me. This will be awesome. I can't wait.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Don't get me wrong, I could easily see me owning this as a "tablet" but not as my daily phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Remember when the galaxy nexus was a big phone.....wow how time has changed. At 4.65 the galaxy nexus would not even be considered a small phone these days.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Remember when the galaxy nexus was a big phone.....wow how time has changed. At 4.65 the galaxy nexus would not even be considered a small phone these days.

Agreed.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Wow...just wow. I don't think this is really going to work for the masses, and certainly won't work for me.

Considering the sales of the Note series, the new iPhone6, and even the S5 I think the masses have already shown the willingness to go to the phones north of 5" and have been moving closer to 6" for some time.

I have a note 2 which is not that much different from the Nexus 6 and it fits in all my pants just fine. Though I dont wear jeggings or skinny jeans so some might have an issue. With more and more multimedia being consumed on the phones I think the trend will continue to have people flock tot he larger phones and the base size of phones will level off around 5.x or so. I dont think 6" will become the norm by any means but between an S5 and Note 4 will probably become the new average.