Nexus 6 is 'Coming Soon' on Verizon's Website

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus6-verizon-coming-soon.png

The promise of the Google Nexus 6 on Verizon's network has been a long time in coming. Big Red assured the press that the Nexus 6 would come to their network, but here we are, six months (and a brand new year) after the launch, yet still no Nexus 6 for Verizon.

Of course, savvy and cash-rich folks could purchase their Nexus 6 separately and get it activated on Verizon, but if you were holding out for it to get it on contract or through Verizon's Edge program, you simply had to wait... and wait...

And, wait no more! Look at that link below! Verizon's own website indicates that the Google Nexus 6 is "Coming Soon!" That's fantastic news for you stalwarts out there.

Here's our Nexus 6 section in the forums: Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: VZW

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know whether to say "about time" or think that any and everybody who wanted a Verizon Nexus 6 already found away to get a nexus 6 through Google or one of the other carriers. People have moved on from 2014 they are now waiting to see the S5 and M9.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I just don't understand why it's so hard for them to simply release phones when they hit the market.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think some folks tend to forget: there are plenty of people that are still in contracts that are soon to expire. Yea, not cool it took so long, but they will sell some...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think some folks tend to forget: there are plenty of people that are still in contracts that are soon to expire. Yea, not cool it took so long, but they will sell some...

Agree, they will sell a few but by now many have heard the rumbling of another Galaxy on the horizon. Majority of the hardcore Nexus fans that wanted a nexus 6 already bought one. But you are right @PereDroid, there are some who were still on contract who were waiting for Verizon and they may snag it.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Tooooooooo late. The phone market moves at way to fast paced to just sit on a phone and release it months after the original release date. The only way I would still buy this is if Verizon sold it at say $400- $450 off contract but I know that won't be the case so I'd rather just save a little extra and get the M9 when that comes out.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think it will be like the other n6's...******Rumor*** it's been rumored that vzw and moto made a carrier specific.. 4000mah battery is the big change from what I've seen rumored...

bigdad63

Reaction score
So so battery life
So so storage capacity
So so camera
So so big price
I'll pass

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really wanted the Nexus 6 personally and was waiting and waiting for it to appear on Verizon but now that it's been this long I'm very likely going to pass and wait for something else

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think it will be like the other n6's...******Rumor*** it's been rumored that vzw and moto made a carrier specific.. 4000mah battery is the big change from what I've seen rumored...
I kind of really hope that's true, but I can see them making other not-so-desirable changes to cancel out the excitement.

on the move..

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any rumors about a bigger battery on the VZW Nexus 6, but it would be cool to see. I am quite sure we will probably see a huge Verizon logo on the device though... :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I haven't heard any rumors about a bigger battery on the VZW Nexus 6, but it would be cool to see. I am quite sure we will probably see a huge Verizon logo on the device though... :D
Of that.. You can be sure lmao... I've "heard" about the battery and a few other things.. But the battery being the one I keep hearing.. But its important to point out.. That it is indeed a rumor.. Nothing concrete.. We all know how rumors are..

With a screen of that size.. It would be nice to have a bigger battery though...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed! I hope you are right!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If it does happen.. I just hope they don't mess it up with other "undesirables"..