Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
How many of you Nexus 6 users have actually rooted/rom'd their device?
I only ask because so many folks complain about locked bootloaders on other flagship devices, yet the Nexus 6 development community is practically non-existent here.
:confused: just wondering...

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I only ask because so many folks complain about locked bootloaders on other flagship devices, yet the Nexus 6 development community is practically non-existent here.
It's quiet here but take a look at XDA and G+ there is a full steam assault on freedom ...

6s Plus

Reactions: cr6

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Rooted with Xposed, but no ROM atm. Like Felix said, I follow G+ for most of the development

Tapped from a Nexus 6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I figured there would be, on XDA. I just wanted to know how many of OUR members were rooted/rom'd. FWIW, I figured you two would be at the top of our list.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured there would be, on XDA. I just wanted to know how many of OUR members were rooted/rom'd. FWIW, I figured you two would be at the top of our list.
Oddly enough, people, even with Nexus devices, don't mind not being rooted anymore. They just like pure Android. Most at least unlock their bootloaders and root, but a lot of people no longer ROM anymore. It hasn't been anywhere near as popular on really any phone since the Galaxy Nexus and partially Nexus 4 days. As well as the old Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, 3, 4 and Bionic days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I usually find a solid ROM and roll with it throughout ...less flashing for me these days ...we have solid devices now that just run so fluid you don't need much ..add some mods like Corey and you good to go ...

6s Plus

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That was my original point, which I could have done a better job conveying.
So many people complain about a locked bootloader, but it simply isn't needed these days. I'm perfectly happy with my rooted stock S5 (with locked BL) since there is no need to flash a rom these days. I just wanted to know if Nexus folk felt the same way. I understand the whole AOSP pure Android argument, but that section of the smartphone buying public is so small in the grand scheme of things, I thought the rom flashing numbers with this device might be a bit higher.
I'm not expecting root on my S7, but if the latest news about Samsung releasing the same device to all carriers hold true, we could very well see this device rooted. fingers crossed....

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm perfectly happy with my rooted stock S5 (with locked BL) since there is no need to flash a rom these days. I just wanted to know if Nexus folk felt the same way.

That's how I feel. Android has come a long way & with Xposed there's not much need for a custom rom, imo. Only thing I miss on stock roms is CMTE. I'm not a big fan of layers