Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited by a moderator:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, the Nexus 6 is one big phone. I like the ring flash on the back but with LEDs, not sure if it'll matter much. I have 4 months before I can use JUMP again so I'll wait to see how many people love or hate it. 6" is big, but I'm a big guy. It may look normal in my hand....or giant.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That Nexus is not a phone but a tablet, 5.5" would have sufficed, even that might be too big, is it me or are humans just getting bigger, when is this madness going to stop, the Motorola Droid Turbo at 5.2" is just right. The Note 4 at least has features that take advantage of it's big display, stylus and all.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Phones the size of his head. This is just ridiculous. I think I'll stick to 5" and under phones. It just becomes impractical to carry around that tablet size device.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Nexus 6 doesn't look any bigger really than the Note series and that's one of the more popular phones out there. It's all about preference.

on the move..

soulpatch

Reaction score
I cant watch the video while at work so curious if someone can give a summary.

That said I am caught in this decision in that I have a preorder for a note 4 but the nexus 6 and the fact that it is coming to verizon has me intrigued. I am currently on Note 2 so the touch wiz has no impact on me but the lack (or ability) to remove bloatware is intriguing. I doubt I would do anything with the unlocked phone as that is not typically my thing since the first droid.

Still trying to toss around the idea of open OS with super fast updates against the lack of sd card specifically...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Blame that on the nuances of CDMA technology and Verizon being Verizon

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

Both of which will still be potential issues with the Nexus 6 on Verizon since their CDMA network is still very much in use and VoLTE is still rolling out.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Google having direct control over all updates, but I wouldn't place any bets on it. Verizon still has complete control over which devices can access their CDMA network, so they may still require some measure of say so over updates for the Nexus 6. While the hardware might be the same for the Nexus 6 in the U.S. no matter which network it's on, I wouldn't be shocked by the necessity to purchase a "Verizon optimized" Nexus 6 in order for it to function on Verizon. But if we do see a completely unlocked Nexus 6 that has updates directly from Google, that would be a fantastic change for Verizon.

sapino

Banned
Reaction score
that are both impressive smartphones, the Nexus 6 offers more visual comfort with its 6 inch screen but it is more cumbersome than the note 4 and lacks the stylus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 3 promo acheter galaxy s5

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Phones the size of his head. This is just ridiculous. I think I'll stick to 5" and under phones. It just becomes impractical to carry around that tablet size device.

The New Nexus 6+ for those with Big Hands!!! lol!!!
500x_tabletkamasutra__103.jpg

huawei_mediapad_7_vogue_1-580x388.jpg

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
This size issue is rather amusing.
A friend who is 6'4" once said that my Dell Streak was way too big, he now uses a Samsung Galaxy S5 which actually has a bigger screen.
My current phones are, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mega (6.3") and my Nexus 5 which feels tiny to me.
Once it was all about tiny phones, its all about fashion.
I'm 5'11" and 13 stone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This size issue is rather amusing.
A friend who is 6'4" once said that my Dell Streak was way too big, he now uses a Samsung Galaxy S5 which actually has a bigger screen.
My current phones are, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mega (6.3") and my Nexus 5 which feels tiny to me.
Once it was all about tiny phones, its all about fashion.
I'm 5'11" and 13 stone.
Those that wanted the small phones can't see worth a flip because we've gotten much older. We NEED the bigger screens top be able to read our email :D

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4