Nexus 5X and Huawei Nexus 6 Pre-Orders Rumored to Begin October 13th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-logo-boot.png

This new Nexus rumor is both good and bad news. It's good news because we might already know when the new Nexus 5X and Huawei Nexus 6 will have their first pre-order become available. That's also the bad news though, because it is supposedly on October 13th, which is a couple weeks past the rumored September 29th reveal date. What's even worse is that if this is the "pre-order" date, then it will be another week or two before the phone starts showing up on doorsteps.

Here's a recap of rumored specs for these two devices:

The Nexus 5X -
  • 5.2-inch, 1440 x 2560 QHD resolution screen
  • Snapdragon 808 SoC Hexa-core 1.8GHz CPU, and Adreno 418 GPU
  • 13MP rear-facing camera comes with OIS
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed
The Huawei Nexus 6 -
  • 5.5-inch or 5.7-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution
  • Snapdragon 810 SoC Octa-core 2.0GHz CPU and Adreno 430 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 64GB of internal storage
  • 3500mAh battery
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed
It's taking entirely too long for Google to release these phones! :mad:

Here are our dedicated sections for further discussions on them:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am interested in the 5x, I said before I was not giving up the Nexus 6 but I must admit I am intrigued.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I am interested in the 5x, I said before I was not giving up the Nexus 6 but I must admit I am intrigued.

I said the same thing when the Note 5 was announced...and now I have a Note 5. Its a beautiful phone. My habits on my phone have changed so much that rooting/unlocking my device immediately isn't necessary. On TMobile, we have root, we can unlock it and we just got TWRP yesterday for the Note 5, but I'm interested in Samsung Pay, so I'm not doing any of it yet.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So am I, something about that design has me interested in the 5X. I want to like the 6 but I can't get over that backside.

on the move..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
uploadfromtaptalk1441815074348.jpg

We can see the black version of the phone now, which is a breath of fresh air after the latest renders of the white variation. The round finger scanner, the two-tone LED flash, and the laser autofocus system of LG, are also clearly visible. The insiders that tipped this slide have also reconfirmed the rumored specs to be a 5.2" 1080p LCD display, a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor, clocked at 1.8 GHz maximums, and paired with an LTE Cat. 6 cellular modem, as well as 2 GB of RAM, and 32/64 GB of internal storage.

The rear camera is listed as 12.3 MP, which will likely be branded as a 13 MP shooter, and a 5 MP selfie snapper is allegedly placed at the front. The only ho-hum endeavor is the 2700 mAh juicer, but Nexus phones have rarely been excellent in terms of battery life, so there you go. Google's event on September 29th is the next one to look forward to this month, after Apple's grand iPhone unveiling today, so the month is shaping up to be full with great phone announcements - the more, the merrier.

NexusSix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd like to see an extra GB of RAM in this device, as well as a larger battery. I get that it's the "smaller, more economical" option of the 2 upcoming Nexus devices, but at least 3GB of RAM has pretty much become the standard in today's phones. The rest doesn't sound too bad.

Have I missed it, or have there been no credible rumors about pricing on this device? That could change my opinion about it's shortcomings for sure. Still not a bad device, just not something that rings any bells for me.