Nexus 5 review

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;e5BBzcWJDjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BBzcWJDjU[/video]​

I am personally going through an internal struggle to keep me from buying. Very nice looking device. But I am also wanting to hold off to see what manufacturers release in the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man if only it could have come to Verizon, I would shell out money to have that as a secondary phone to my Note 3. I can't see myself switching carriers to get it though.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man if only it could have come to Verizon, I would shell out money to have that as a secondary phone to my Note 3. I can't see myself switching carriers to get it though.

If you are rooted check to see if your fav dev added a little treat to his rom.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
or download the apks yourself.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I saw that. The unified text messaging and Hangouts is intriguing.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
pc what was your reasoning for canceling your order you mentioned earlier?

Caesars

Reaction score

If you have a close friend you trust (this is actually how I got hooked on T-Mobile) you can add the nexus 5 as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th family line for $10 ;).

Note 3 <Caesars>

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you have a close friend you trust (this is actually how I got hooked on T-Mobile) you can add the nexus 5 as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th family line for $10 ;).

Note 3 <Caesars>

Sneaky, sneaky, I like it. My friend did this with his Nexus 4. Paid $30 a year for Skype unlimited, and then paid $30 to T-mobile for data plan and that was it. I could consider doing something like that, sadly the last person I knew that had T-Mobile switch to big red last year.

Iggy08

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that. The unified text messaging and Hangouts is intriguing.

I'm very excited about this, I've always wondered why they hadn't done this yet and I guess it was just in the works.

I'm digging the new Google plus update that has the pictures app. I'm not very find of the stock gallery app, so this has immediately become my default picture/video app.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
You can pull the Hangouts.apk and push it into system and it works. I've been using that the art two days on my G2 and I haven't touched the Messaging app since. Not sure about MMS working yet. I've been able to send MMS content but most others have had trouble. I'm running the latest CyanogenMod monthly snapshot. From the review it also appears the LG didn't use the same display technology that they used with the G2, otherwise it would have been placed top of its class and not put behind the HTC One (not knocking thst screen, it's gorgeous too). One other caveat. I thought Google stated thst the correct headjack placement should be at the bottom of the device (so the cords don't get in the way, and since it's a more natural placement when put in a pocket). Why the move to the side? Was this implemented in a previous Nexus? My last device before the G2 was the Galaxy Nexus (great device, great design, great software, ruined by horrible battery life and LTE radios in their infancy and the list continues).