Nexus 5 News Round Up from Our GoogleNexusForum Site

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-nexus-5-odd-floating-angles.jpg

Even though the Nexus 5 isn't a Verizon device, we know that many of our members still want to hear all about it. Rather than focus our entire front page with multiple articles on a device which will never come to Verizon, we thought it would be worthwhile to do a daily roundup from time to time when there are quite a few stories on our GoogleNexusForum.com site. Today we had three Nexus 5 stories that might garner your attention. Here they are below:

The first one is the official launch of the Nexus 5 on Sprint with pricing and other details: Sprint Launches their Nexus 5 and Several Other Devices Today; Mail-in Rebates Too

The second one is an even better deal on the Sprint Nexus 5 from Amazon: Amazon Selling the Sprint Nexus 5 for Only $50 on a New Contract

The final one has some extra appeal as it basically details some new features coming to Google Now on the Nexus 5 in the very near future: An Update Coming to the Nexus 5 on November 13th Will Bring New Google Now Features

It's truly a shame that the Nexus 5 didn't come to Big Red, but hardly surprising. They have never been very "friendly" with Nexus devices. We will continue to share Nexus 5 news round ups here on DF whenever we have several stories to share, even if it ends up being at the end of a week instead of the same day.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Verizon isn't "friendly" about anything. If they were to somehow become friendly, there would be a fee for it!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I know this site was originally created to discuss Verizon Android phones, but I bet if you asked anyone that has joined in the last 6 months if they knew this was supposed to be a Verizon Android website, no one would know that.
Can't this just be a Android Website, and NOT have that VZW slant to it? I don't get it....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I know this site was originally created to discuss Verizon Android phones, but I bet if you asked anyone that has joined in the last 6 months if they knew this was supposed to be a Verizon Android website, no one would know that.
Can't this just be a Android Website, and NOT have that VZW slant to it? I don't get it....

There are people around here that are not on verizon. And the news articles are about all carriers so I think every situation is pretty much covered no?!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
No.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is droidforums, so definitely VZ-based, but XDA was originally for only one device and we see how it has progressed. One thing though is that our focus on VZ gets some awareness focused on the moves they make from week to week. Any big changes are discussed in-depth and that focus is definitely a positive thing.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. My main point being:

Dear Everyone who posts articles for Droid Forums NEWS:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SAY EVER AGAIN "Even though this is not Verizon related".

Memo: I come here for news about everything Android. Comments like that make me think "hmmm... should I be getting my news from somewhere else?"

K? Understand? Now stop.
:D

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I eventually drop Verizon (yeah right) I'll still be coming here for 'droid news.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. My main point being:

Dear Everyone who posts articles for Droid Forums NEWS:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SAY EVER AGAIN "Even though this is not Verizon related".

Memo: I come here for news about everything Android. Comments like that make me think "hmmm... should I be getting my news from somewhere else?"

K? Understand? Now stop.
:D

Point taken. Thanks for the feedback! ;)