Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
full-sized-nexus5-press-shot.png

Updated: Previous Nexus 5 pic replaced with full-sized press shot. Thanks for the awesome scoop Preach2k! Great work!

Although the link is dead now. Here it is: The Nexus 5, for $349.

Ad reads: "Capture the everyday and the epic in fresh new ways. Starting at $349."

That's a pretty good sign that we'll see more than one aka retail version, meaning we'll see more than one storage size. The closed link showed the 16-gigabyte version.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Liking the look of the nexus 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Asgard

Reaction score
Also worth noting is that if you tried to click the image, the URL was Nexus5_black_16GB (but it took me to a 404 page) and that implies different colors.
Not that I mind because I like my phones black, but some people like colors

Big Ry

Reaction score
Definitely love the styling... very secksy :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
@asgard probably just a black or white. im sure whatever color it comes in beside black won't be available at launch. I love everything about this phone except it's not a Moto... oh well, take my money google.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Like the look. Hate the button placement deviating from the G2 as well as the smaller battery. Nexus 5 in the G2 body as it is with the same battery would have been a winner IMO.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
@asgard probably just a black or white. im sure whatever color it comes in beside black won't be available at launch...

I recall reading somewhere that a white version would be released. There was also speculation that the 32GB version of the phone would have a 3000mAh battery, but I'm less inclined to believe that.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Wait I'm gonna pay $349 and it doesn't have at least 32GB? Wtf is in this phone? A freaking satellite? Like that price is outrageous who in their right minds would pay for that?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Wait I'm gonna pay $349 and it doesn't have at least 32GB? Wtf is in this phone? A freaking satellite? Like that price is outrageous who in their right minds would pay for that?

Check out the off-contract price for a new Galaxy S3 (an "old" phone). $349 isn't outrageous at all. It's simply the unsubsidized price of the device. For someone like me who has to pay full price for their next phone - if I want to hold onto unlimited data on Verizon - this doesn't seem too bad!

Last edited:

Rhino94

Reaction score
Check out the off-contract price for a new Galaxy S3 (an "old" phone). $349 isn't outrageous at all. It's simply the unsubsidized price of the device. For someone like me who has to pay full price for their next phone - if I want to hold onto unlimited data on Verizon - this doesn't seem too bad!

Oh I thought it was subsidized/on-contract. That is my bad.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I love the look of this phone. Any dimensions? Looks like the bezel is tiny. If they managed to fit a 5 inch screen in the same form factor as the Nexus 4 four, I'm in heaven.

alienware777

Reaction score
Like the look. Hate the button placement deviating from the G2 as well as the smaller battery. Nexus 5 in the G2 body as it is with the same battery would have been a winner IMO.

At that point why not just buy a G2 and put a asop rom on it? It would be pretty much exactly the same.