Nexus 4 global/LTE

vman411gamer

Reaction score
Ok I have looked everywhere and could not find this. If I buy the US model of the nexus 4 from google play and connect it to verizon, will I be able to use it
over seas?

2. There is still no 4g version right?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no Nexus 4 that you can buy that will work on the Verizon network as far as I'm aware.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Nexus 4 is GSM only. It will never work on Verizon's CDMA/LTE network.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also and because it is a GSM phone it will work with pretty much any over seas carrier since VZW and Sprint are one of the only CDMA networks in the world. Everyone else is pretty much GSM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Indeed it is a downer, but Verizon ruined it for themselves.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just bought a N4 from VZW. Now,if I can get someone to help me root it so I can install JB I'd be very appreciative.Thxz in advance.

Reaction score
Indeed it is a downer, but Verizon ruined it for themselves.

not necessarily. most don't want an lg anything (refer to the droid life pole where 70% of people didn't want it). i'd buy the htc droid dna before the n4.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just bought a N4 from VZW. Now,if I can get someone to help me root it so I can install JB I'd be very appreciative.Thxz in advance.

JB ..eh why not just install 2.1 Eclair.

[video=youtube;qEe1OPVsYBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEe1OPVsYBs[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;IvU6g2V_oio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvU6g2V_oio[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not necessarily. most don't want an lg anything (refer to the droid life pole where 70% of people didn't want it). i'd buy the htc droid dna before the n4.
And I am one of the people who don't want an LG anything due to prior experiences. However, I was just saying that Verizon is no longer worthy of carrying another Nexus, whether it's made by LG, Samsung, Moto, or any other manufacturer. They ruined it for themselves by not properly supporting the adopter of the SGN and have continually shut them out.

OP
V

vman411gamer

Reaction score
I don't care if Verizon is worthy or not. I am hoping the next nexus is by moto and has a big battery and is supported by Verizon.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I don't care if Verizon is worthy or not. I am hoping the next nexus is by moto and has a big battery and is supported by Verizon.

I really like having a Nexus, but I've considered a Razor HD Maxx for the battery. I think I can hold out for quite a while with my GNEX though; I am hoping the next batch of Nexus devices (Nexi?) have a VZW version with LTE. I keep thinking that once VZW has voice over LTE and drops their 3G radio's a true Nexus experience might be in our future (I'm hoping at least) where Google pushes updates just like an HSPA+ device.