"NEXUS 2" simply not true?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

According to BGR a Korean website named danawa.com is saying the report was a false alarm. The site is quoting a Samsung official who claims that the reports are “simply not true." There was a lot of hype and excitement around this device and I'm sure some people will not be very happy today if this turns out to be true.

Anybody feel letdown?

UPDATE: our member wmnomore just posted this link that contradicts the BGR story. Should be interesting to see what happens November 8th. Here's the story from Android and Me

Source: BGR

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if it seemed to good to be true then it is probably not. Samsung is miking money off of their version of android, why would they change that winning formula.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
^^^good find. updated OP

Reaction score
As I've been saying since I read this story. If they continue to make that crap plastic phone, I will not be a customer. I love the idea of vanilla android, but I can't stand cheap feeling electronics. When I hold a phone, I want to feel the whole $200-$600 in my hand.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Got to tell you- That's a SEXY phone on Android & me's page.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Only thing I question is how a company in direct competition with the company who released the original nexus 1 can release a "version 2" using the same name. Why would HTC let them do that? Especially considering HTC is doin rather well right now...

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Only thing I question is how a company in direct competition with the company who released the original nexus 1 can release a "version 2" using the same name. Why would HTC let them do that? Especially considering HTC is doin rather well right now...
It's not going to be called the "Nexus 2" they are only using this as a code name in the absence of any other info.

its.mike

Reaction score
The Nexus 1 was sort of game changer in terms of what was under the hood and how it was put to use. If the rumored specs are true, then this will just be another Galaxy S line and will be a waste of money for anyone that buys it.

electric6

Reaction score
yeah i agree. I honestly do not think this phone will ever exist. It may be called nexu 2 in code, but its prob gonna be another cheap plastic, mass mass production android filler phone. Sad really, but thats just how it is when samsung is involved.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus 1 was sort of game changer in terms of what was under the hood and how it was put to use. If the rumored specs are true, then this will just be another Galaxy S line and will be a waste of money for anyone that buys it.

I disagree, in a way. By the time the Nexus One came out, the Snapdragon platform was old news. The only thing the N1 did differently was run Android. Given that the Galaxy S-series runs on the Hummingbird platform, with a greatly improved GPU; it could be argued that a Galaxy-S based Nexus would be more of a game changer than the original was.

Still, I firmly believe that in order to earn the "Nexus Two" title, the device should be based on a dual-core design, as that would be a true paradigm shift. Unfortunately, the Nexus One did nothing hardware-wise that WinMo devices hadn't already been doing for months.

wmnomore

Reaction score
I agree. It needs to go above and beyond what is out now.

Samsung does have a way with getting along with all the major carriers.

Galaxy S/Galaxy S Tab/Nexus S

kparks

Reaction score
id like to see how this plays out one site saying totaly false and another site saying they had hands on with the device lol geeze